Special Needs Teaching Assistant
Location : London Borough of Harrow
Pay: £70-£72 per day
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position is recent experience working with special needs children or vulnerable adults.
Contract dates : May 2021 start – ongoing temp contract for minimum one term
Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Special Needs Teaching Assistant to work within a special needs environment in North West London. The school is in the London Borough of Harrow and it caters for children between the ages of 12 and 19. Personal care will be included as part of this support role. The children have autism and moderate and/or severe learning difficulties. The successful Special Needs Teaching Assistant will need to be comfortable working within a special needs environment, with children across KS3 to KS5.
• Special Needs Teaching Assistant
• To work with students with autism and moderate and/or severe learning difficulties aged between 12 and 19 years old.
• Personal care will be included as part of this role.
• Work with a team of special needs staff to support the children throughout the day
• Working with a maximum of 9 children in the classroom
• Working hours are 8.25am to 3.30pm
• Temporary full-time contracts available from May 2021
• Maximum of nine children per class
• 150+ children attend this school.
• Located in the London Borough of Harrow
• Set in residential areas that are easily accessible via public transport.
• Special needs school for children with autism and learning difficulties.
• Well-structured days with small group work including cooking, outside play, dance, and music sessions.
• Large outside space with a wide variety of sensory toys
• Outstanding on Ofsted
• Real community feel to the school. Staff are very friendly and welcoming.
To be considered for the Special Needs Teaching Assistant position, you will:
• Experience working with children or adults with special needs.
• Be willing to carry out personal care related duties as part of this role.
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers/teaching staff are welcome to apply.
• Have strong communication, literacy, and numeracy skills.
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
You must include the following sentence in the Requirements section: Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Special Needs Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate, and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact our SEN team on 020 7065 7500 and quote reference LXDSENTA 9603.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
- Supply agency