Special Needs Teaching Assistant
- £10 - £12.50 per hour
- Immediate start
Experience for this role is essential in the past 2 years - please only put your CV forward if you have relevant work with children young people or adults - please ring us for more information.
Our Huddersfield specialist SEND department at Vision for Education (part of TES) are a well-respected agency which cover the areas of Calderdale, Kirklees and Wakefield.
We are currently recruiting for a Special Needs Teaching Assistant to provide 1:1 support to students within a specialist SEN setting. The position is based within a client SEND school in Wakefield on a full time basis to provide additional support and intervention to students with a variety of difficulties from Physical to Mental Health.
This Special Needs Teaching Assistant role will be based on a 1:1 basis and you must have experience working in a similar setting with challenging behaviours or disabilities.
To be considered for the Special Needs Teaching Assistant role you must:
Have experience of working 1:1 in a similar environment.
Be able to adapt to certain situations that can arise.
Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of school staff.
Have Team Teach training or be willing to attend the FREE course held by Vision.
Ideally have experience or be open to assisting with Personal Care needs.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company TES Global.
What Vision for Education offer
- As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £350.
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Huddersfield SEND team today on 01484 642928 or firstname.lastname@example.org