- Job ref: 1215
- Hours: 30 hours per week
- Weeks: Term time only, 40 weeks per year
- Salary: £12,475 - £12,947 per annum (actual salary)
- Location: Wakefield City Campus
We are looking for a Specialist Learning Support Assistant with drive and enthusiasm who has direct experience of working with and motivating students. If you would like to work in an educational setting and you are caring, patient and student-centred, then supporting our students with learning difficulties and / or disabilities may be the post for you. You must have a flexible approach to working hours and a willingness to travel between our campus sites.
What we are looking for:
- Experience of working with students with learning difficulties and/or disabilities
- An awareness of the 2014 SEND reforms (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities)
- Enthusiasm and commitment to all tasks undertaken
- A minimum of GCSE grades 9 - 4 / A*- C in Maths and English, or equivalent, for example Functional Skills Level 2
- Level 2 qualification relevant to learner support
Wakefield College offers a range of benefits and you will be joining a dedicated team of professionals within the Additional Learning Support area. This is also an ideal role if you have thought about stepping into teaching and would like to support students with their studies.
See what we have to offer and come and join us. You won’t be disappointed.
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
- Access to the West Yorkshire Pension Scheme
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards, Staff BBQ, Christmas Party
Closing date: 11.00am on Friday 11 December 2020
PLEASE NOTE NO AGENCIES DIRECT APPLICANTS ONLY.
Transforming lives through learning…
…by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.
- Further Education
- Students of age 16+ years
The City of Wakefield sits at the heart of West Yorkshire, and at the heart of the Wakefield district is Wakefield College. The College is the largest college in the District and has an impressive track record, having provided education and training ...