Applications are welcome from a qualified and highly motivated teacher with a genuine interest and commitment to Music to join this friendly, four-form-entry school in September 2018.
Due to the retirement of our Specialist Music Teacher an exciting opportunity has arisen for a non-class based passionate and inspirational Music Teacher or Specialist to join us at Fielding Primary School. We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and committed Music Teacher/Specialist to continue to promote and develop the high quality music provision within our school, who is either a Qualified Teacher, or has a proven track record and experience in delivering music in a school setting.
The successful applicant will have a real passion for delivering music lessons to children in a fun and creative way, and will generate music based opportunities both in school and in the wider community. The successful candidate will be a vital member of our specialist teaching team, providing PPA cover to 840 primary aged children, working within a well- resourced environment with children who exceed the National Curriculum requirements and are keen to learn and like to be challenged.
The successful candidate will teach class groups from Reception to Year 6, take the lead role in afterschool specialist music provision including music theory, 50 strong choir, singing club, 30-piece orchestra and lead a team in partnership with Ealing Music Service of peripatetic music tutors who provide tuition for around 400 children.
We have a creative, enthusiastic team with a curriculum to match. We represent a diverse school community which works in harmony together.
We are looking for a candidate who has:
- the ability to play an instrument and perform to pupils
- a passion for Music and who is committed to inspiring pupils
- a clear vision for the music curriculum in a primary setting
- excellent communication skills
- a commitment to developing and sharing outstanding teaching practice
- the ability to work in partnership with children, parents, staff, governors and the wider community
- the ability to challenge children to achieve beyond their expectations.
- has the ability to provide stimulating and engaging experiences for our children and support them in become lifelong learners
Our 4-form entry school can offer you:
- the opportunity to be part of an Ofsted rated outstanding (Feb ’17), inspirational, and dynamic organisation
- a Values-based ethos which nurtures the individual qualities of both pupils and adults, including the ‘Fish!’ philosophy to help us improve our own working lives;
- the opportunity to contribute to a well-established music curriculum
- the chance to focus on the music curriculum as your passion within a primary school setting
- a strong commitment to support further professional development
- a friendly and dedicated staff
- a consistent visible-learning framework for teaching, learning and assessment enabling you to excel as a teacher;
- enthusiastic children with positive attitudes to learning
- supportive parents who value Music & the Expressive Arts highly
- dedicated PPA time with additional release at the beginning and end of terms.
Fielding Primary School serves the Northfields area of Ealing. Our teachers are enthusiastic, committed to improving outcomes for children with a passion for learning through a meaningful, creative curriculum.
Our children are fantastic, interested in learning and exceptionally well behaved. Facilities and resources are excellent, standards and achievement are good and improving. Visits are encouraged or find out more from our website, http://www.fieldingprimary.com
Download an application pack from our website, http://www.fieldingprimary.com/jobs
Only applications submitted on the school’s application form will be considered.
The successful candidate will have to meet the requirements of the person specification in order to be offered the post and appointment will be conditional subject to clearance by the Disclosure & Barring Service. We welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, disability or sexuality.
Closing date: Tuesday 20th February, 9am
Interviews: Friday 2nd March
Fielding Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment