Whitgift is one of Britain’s leading independent day and boarding schools, set in an attractive 48-acre parkland site in South Croydon enjoying excellent links to London, Surrey and the south coast.
We are proud to be able to offer:
· a unique, tailor-made education for boys aged 10-18
· Beautiful and historic parkland site with outstanding facilities
· A record of outstanding academic achievement
· Superb facilities for over 40 sports, an exciting performing arts programme and wide range of co-curricular activities
· Excellent pastoral care.
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, enthusiastic and dedicated Specialist Teacher to join a dynamic, friendly and highly successful Learning Support Department. Applicants will:
· have excellent subject knowledge with specialist teacher status and an up to date qualification Level 7) that enables assessment, screening and teaching of SpLD
· have proven experience of teaching small intervention groups as well as the ability to provide targeted specific 1:1 sessions to students with identified SpLD in a dynamic and positive way
· have the skills to support students across the year groups with study skills in a variety of subject areas
· be able to demonstrate a talent for motivating and enthusing young learners to achieve their best
· have excellent planning, preparation and administrative skills
· have the ability to problem-solve and manage classroom behaviour effectively
· be resilient under pressure
· have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
In return we offer a generous salary and benefits package including Teachers’ Pension Scheme (with Life Assurance cover), discounted off-peak membership at our on-site gym (Nuffield Health), Simply Health cash plan and a range of family-friendly benefits.
We welcome applications from all parts of our community as we aspire to attract staff that matches the social and cultural diversity of our student intake.
For further information and an online application form, please visit www.whitgift.co.uk/vacancies. For any queries, please telephone the Human Resources Department on 020 8688 9222 or email Kirstie Richardson, Head of Learning Support on firstname.lastname@example.org .
Applications will be reviewed on a daily basis and interviews may occur at any stage after applications are received so we invite interested candidates to apply as soon as possible.
Whitgift School (part of the Whitgift Foundation) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Where applicable, applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.