Position: Specialist Teacher (English, Maths and ICT)
Location: Chorley, Lancashire
Salary: £25,562 - £27,607 depending on experience, qualifications and training
Contract Type: Permanent, full-time
Start Date: As soon as possible
Our client are a multi-sited company with each school registered separately with the Department for Education as an Independent School. They specialise in teaching students whom may present challenging behaviours or are not suited to mainstream education for various reasons, including poor mental health.
They offer an alternative curriculum to meet the needs of each student on an individual basis. Each of the schools have a maximum of 35 students.
Students within the schools are usually divided into:
- Key Stage 3: Years 7- 9 (age 11-14)
- Key Stage 4: Years 10 and 11 (ages 14-16)
Teachers within the schools are usually divided into:
- Specialist Teachers - GCSE, English, Maths and ICT
- Vocational Teachers – multi-disciplinary teachers who deliver up to level 2 in subjects including: Careers, Science, PE, Wellbeing, Enrichment, Equality and Diversity, Art (this list is not exhaustive)
The school is a fast-paced, flexible thinking company that relies on empathy, commitment and compassion to ensure our students receive the best education they can by taking considered steps to break down long standing barriers to education. They are looking for individuals to join them who thrive on the opportunity to make a difference to others, are passionate about learning and display a willingness to grow.
About the role
To be the Specialist Teacher on the school site, with particular focus on:
- Improving the standards of English, Maths and ICT in both staff and students
- To contribute to the achievement of excellence in educational standards and lead by example
- To promote and safeguard the welfare of students in accordance with the school curriculum and associated standards and criteria
The core function is to lead on all aspects of English, Maths and ICT teaching, learning and assessment. This will include:
- Small group and 1:1 work with students who require extra support as well as leading on standard lessons
- The post holder will also be responsible for identifying the most appropriate pathways for students in these subjects (Functional Skills/GCSE)
- They specialise in teaching students whom may present challenging behaviours or are not suited to mainstream education for various reasons, including poor mental health
Applicants must have:
- PGCE or equivalent
- Level 2 Maths and English or equivalent
- A degree or equivalent subject specific qualification, preferably in English, Maths or ICT
They facilitate learning by establishing a relationship with students, and by their organisation of learning resources and the classroom learning environment. They also develop and foster the appropriate skills and social abilities to enable the optimum development of children, according to age, ability and aptitude.
In return, they offer:
- Fantastic CPD opportunities
- 11 weeks' holiday
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
Vision for Education are committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
How to apply
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education's Permanent Recruitment Team, please contact Tracy Harrison on 0191 267 6555 email@example.com
Applicants must be aware that applications will be reviewed as received and suitable candidate will be invited for interview, potentially prior to the closing date. Therefore there is a chance that the closing date may be brought forward.
Vision for Education Ltd - Permanent Recruitment Service
- Supply agency