Roll: 680 + 18 SEND Hub
Castle Manor Academy are looking to appoint a dedicated SEND practitioner to our growing Key Stage 3 and 4 specialist provision. ‘The Arch’ is a blended SEND provision for up to 18 KS3 & KS4 students with EHCPs, all with identified cognition and learning needs. Students are primarily based within The Arch, with access to some mainstream curriculum areas, school facilities and the wider school community.
The successful candidate will work with the Provision Lead and a team of specialist teaching assistants as part of the wider Castle Manor SEND team.
The successful candidate will be: -
• Passionate about inclusion, supporting children with additional needs to gain an aspirational well rounded education that prepares them for their next steps.
• An outstanding literacy practitioner with high expectations of pupils' achievement and behaviour with a track-record of delivering student results no matter their starting point.
• Able to maintain and drive forward exceptional standards whilst meeting the complex needs of this group of students.
• An excellent communicator who can coproduce provision with students, staff, parents and external professionals.
If you have experience in SEND, a strong commitment to inclusive values, and are committed to making a difference to the lives of young people we would like to hear from you.
Castle Manor Academy has a strong culture and a big heart. We have a strong set of values and we care. We are part of the Unity Schools Partnership with other secondary, primary and Special Free Schools and have a strong history of effective staff development and training.
We are located 20 miles from Cambridge and Bury St Edmunds.
To arrange a visit or conversation with Vanessa Whitcombe, Headteacher, please email VWhitcombe@castlemanor.org.uk
Closing Date: 09:00am, Monday 12th April 2021
Interview Date: Thursday 15th April 2021
To apply, please visit https://candidate.unitysp-careers.co.uk/131180TES
If you are a current employee of Unity Schools Partnership, please use the following link to apply https://candidate.unitysp-careers.co.uk/131180INT
Unity Schools Partnership is committed to safer recruitment, equal opportunities, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be required. Unity Schools Partnership, welcoming diversity.
Castle Manor Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years