Full Time: Full Time One Year Contract, Term Time Only
Start date: 23rd April 2019
Closing Date: Thursday 21st March 2019
Interview: W/C 25th March 2019
This is an exciting opportunity for a newly qualified or experienced Teacher of PE to join our ambitious and vibrant school. Our PE department has played a leading role in the school’s development and is at the forefront of Teaching and Learning innovations as well as extra-curricular provision. The successful candidate would be able to accrue experience towards completing their NQT year and would benefit from participation in our high-quality, comprehensive and supportive Continuing Professional Development programme. The successful candidate will also support as a Specialist Teaching Assistant within the PE department.
About Loreto High School
• Part of the international family of Loreto schools and colleges and as such benefits from a 400 year old tradition and links with Loreto Sixth Form College and with Loreto schools both in the UK and worldwide. “The vision and values of the Gospel and the Loreto community of schools act as a living reference point for the whole community.” Section 48 Inspection
• Loreto High School is a ‘Good School’ (Ofsted January 2019) at an exciting point in its school improvement journey “Leaders have the ambition and demonstrable capacity to further enhance the good quality of education which the school currently provides.” Ofsted 2019.
• A small, friendly, inclusive, cohesive school where we get to know our students well, find out what they are good at and develop their talents “… a welcoming, caring and passionate school that really does know every child.” Ofsted 2019 Parent View
• “School leaders and other staff pride themselves on the good relationships that they build and care that they have with pupils.” Ofsted 2019
• Visitors tell us our students are calm and well-mannered and that our Catholic ethos is powerfully transmitted; “Inspectors were impressed by pupils’ positive interactions with one another and adults.” Ofsted 2019
• We will support and develop you to become an outstanding practitioner. We are an aspirational, reflective and creative learning community where all adults are learners who strive rigorously for excellence in order to achieve the best possible outcomes for our students.
• Excellent CPD programme to support teachers at each stage of their career; “The training programme which leaders manage is well planned and implemented.” Ofsted 2019
The successful candidate will be:
• The ability to support consistently outstanding lessons;
• Excellent and up to date knowledge of teaching and learning;
• A commitment to Loreto High School’s high expectations and powerful ethos;
• The ability to enthuse and motivate students to drive up standards;
• A willingness to participate in the extra-curricular life of the PE department and support where needed.
• Excellent organisational and administrative skills.
• The resolve to make a real difference to the lives of our students.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.