The Speech and Language Centre is Hounslow Borough's secondary mainstream resource provision for pupils with Developmental Language Disorder (or other undiagnosed primary language disorders).
As well has having a significant language disorder a number of pupils also have other complex needs including ASD, ADHD, moderate learning difficulties and physical difficulties.
Qualified teacher status - in Secondary education
An understanding of the issues relating to SLCN (Speech, Language and Communication Difficulties).
Proven communication and inter-personal skills
Experience of working with pupils with SLCN (Speech, Language and Communication Difficulties)
• planning, preparing resources and teaching small groups and 1 to 1 sessions for SLC pupils (years 7- 11). Bespoke programmes to be planned and delivered for language, literacy and numeracy skills; social communication skills, thinking skills and life skills- as identified in pupil EHCPs
• monitor and evaluate the learning experiences of pupils. Complete progress and target setting activities e.g. whole school reporting - PPEs and SLC reports)
• pastoral support and monitoring - e.g. supporting organisation and emotional regulation.
• analysis of pastoral and academic data- and follow up action with pupils, staff and parents.
• liaising with HOC, Centre staff, teachers and support staff
• building supportive links with parents
• liaising with external agencies e.g. SALT service, Local Authority (e.g. case officers) CAMHS, Educational Psychology
• supporting the Annual Review process - collecting information, report writing, target setting, administration.
• attending Annual reviews where possible.
• supporting the timetabling of TA support in mainstream lessons
• supporting SEN pupils on 'Homework Support'
• attending Inclusion events where possible e.g. parent events
• taking part in literacy interventions during registration
• supporting SLC pupils in some mainstream lessons
• deliver exam access arrangements where necessary
• attending lunchtime clubs where possible
• attending SLC meetings
• attend whole-school meetings and training
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure. You can access our school website for further information and an application form: www.lampton.org.uk
Completed applications to be sent to Rina Sehgal or emailed to: email@example.com
Please note that C.Vs will not be accepted - you must complete our Application Form to be considered for this post. Visits to the school can be arranged if requested.
Excellence, Respect, Integrity
Thank you for your enquiry about a vacancy at Lampton School. Please find enclosed an information pack, person specification and application form.
About our school:
All of our work as a school comm...