To provide professional speech and language therapy services including screenings, assessments, diagnosis and treatment of children’s communication disorders. To consult with School-Based Support Teams, teachers, and parents for the purpose of improving communication skills that will enhance and improve academic success in the classroom, pre-literacy and literacy skills, and social skills in both school and community settings.
Required qualifications, experience & special skills include the following:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Speech and Language Therapy or Masters of Science in Speech and Language Therapy (at the level required in the jurisdictions for licensure).
- Professional Registration and certification to work as a Speech and Language Therapist.
- Applicant must be CPAM registered or eligible for CPAM registration.
- A minimum of three years post registration experience as a SALT working in a school or hospital setting with children requiring speech and language therapy.
- Experience with students with a wide variety of disabilities is necessary as the role involves working with students with medical, neurological, psychiatric, emotional, behavioral and/or learning problems.
The Cayman Islands offers one of the highest standards of living in the Caribbean. It is a tax-free jurisdiction, with a friendly welcoming people, combining the very best of the relaxed Caribbean attitude and modern living. Its proximity to Miami also provides easy access to North America and the rest of the Caribbean.
The remuneration package for the successful candidate is offered without deductions. The Cayman Islands Government provides an additional 12% pension contribution and 100% health insurance coverage for the employee and their dependents. To assist with relocation, within the first week of arrival, the successful candidate will receive a settlement allowance equivalent to 1 month’s salary, moving expenses for personal belongings and hotel accommodation for 7 nights.
A detailed Job Description and the Government Application Form are available online. Please send your completed Government Application Form, Resume and Cover Letter only via e-mail to email@example.com
Application Deadline: November 15th, 2019