Speech and Language Therapist
Kings' Schools are seeking a Speech and Language Therapist to work efficiently alongside the Head of Inclusion at Kings’ School Al Barsha, Kings’ School Dubai and the Speech and Language Therapist at Kings’ School Nad Al Sheba. The post holder will also work with Learning Support Teachers/specialists, Learning Support Assistants, Classroom Teachers and families to provide effective support and knowledge either within the Foundation Stage, Primary or Secondary departments while providing extra support for groups of children and one to one sessions.
The successful candidate will work alongside our existing school-based Speech and Language Therapist and Learning Support Teams to secure and further develop our SaLT provision at Universal, Targeted and Specialist levels. The role will be split across two sites - Kings' School Al Barsha and Kings' School Dubai.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Speech & Language Therapy.
- Native level English speaker with at least three years post qualification experience.
- Dubai Health Authority (DHA) License or ability to meet the criteria to apply for a DHA License.
- Experience of working with children with Special Education Needs & Disabilities (SEND), particularly children on the Autism Spectrum, and those that have a Cochlear Implant.
- Experience of working within a school setting.
- Experience of using PECS and the SCERTS system.
How to apply: Candidates are to apply directly through attached HR application form through the TES portal. Closing date for applications is 15 May 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Successful applicants will take up their position in last week of August 2018 and will be invited to participate in a thorough programme of induction.