30 hours per week, 40 weeks per year (term time only)
(9.00am- 4.00pm Monday to Friday)
As a Speech and Language Therapist, your role will focus on enhancing the communication and interaction skills of learners – supporting their potential to achieve success and progress. Responsible for providing speech and language assessment, support and advice to an identified caseload in an educational setting, this will involve:
- Assessing learners that are identified as having a range of speech, language and communication difficulties, as well as taking a lead role in the provision of individual and group support
- The development and delivery of a programme of personalised study to meet the specific communication needs of an allocated group of learners
- Liaising with other staff to determine individual strategies to support learner achievement, as well as outside agencies and parents/carers in respect of specific communication needs
- Creating and adapting resources to support the development of speech, language and communication skills, whilst also maintaining accurate and up to date records
We’re specifically looking for the following skills/experience:
- A good educational background, including a Speech, Language and Communication degree or equivalent, as well as GCSE grade A-C or equivalent in English and Maths
- Experience of assessing and supporting learners within an educational environment, coupled with relevant and recent professional development
- A broad and genuine understanding of SMART target setting, along with a proven ability to effectively manage groups of learners
- High standards of communication, including first rate observation, listening and empathy skills, backed by a fair degree of IT/PC literacy
See what we have to offer and come join us. You won’t be disappointed.
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our college website. Job Ref: 0610.
Closing date: 11.00am on 5 July 2017
Transforming lives through learning…by enabling young people. Adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhance Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.