- Full Time - Fixed Term - to 6 December 2019
- Commencing April 2019
- $68,036.00 to $93,032 gross per annum plus Super
- School Based
About the organisation
Brisbane Catholic Education is a learning community of over 130 schools. We aim to provide quality teaching and learning outcomes for Prep to Year 12 students.
Seton College is a contemporary Catholic, coeducational Secondary College situated in Mount Gravatt East catering for more than 300 students. The College promotes the spiritual, intellectual, social and emotional development of students with a focus on providing personalised, vocationally driven education, particularly in the key areas of literacy and numeracy. At Seton, every student is known by name, respected as an individual, and valued as part of a tight-knit community.
Visit our school website here
About the role
In this role you will work as part of a multidisciplinary team of specialist staff with a focus on supporting students with diverse learning needs.
You will contribute to the high quality learning and teaching in our school by providing a collaborative and consultative speech pathology service, responsive to the school context and with a student specific focus which complements the speech pathology services provided by our School Service Centres.
- Develop, implement and evaluate speech pathology services to promote student communication, learning and well-being outcomes
- Optimise the quality of service outcomes in partnership with the school community
- Maintain standards of practice and competencies consistent with Speech Pathology Australia and BCE policies and guidelines>
Qualifications & Registration
- Speech Pathology qualifications
- Blue Card or QCT registration
- Driver’s licence (and own vehicle)
Skills & Experience
- Clinical competence in differential diagnosis and intervention for children/adolescents with communication difficulties and the capacity to effectively apply this knowledge and expertise within the educational or other organisational contexts.
- Experience working within educational environments
- Experience working collaboratively in interdisciplinary teams
- Problem solving skills
- Communication and networking skills
- A welcoming, collegial and flexible working environment
- Competitive salaries benchmarked to industry standards
- Salary packaging and salary sacrificing options
- The opportunity to make a difference in the lives of students
Please submit your application online and provide a two-page Letter of Application and your Resumé. Your Letter of Application will summarise your suitability for the role and demonstrate how your skills, knowledge and attributes will enable you to deliver the key results (refer to the Role Description) areas and perform the role successfully.
Contact Person: Sandra Mitchell
Contact Telephone Number: 07 3033 7572
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 20-Mar-2019
Statement of Principles for Employment - Schools Opens in new window
CEC Vision Statement 2013 Opens in new window
BCE Strategic Plan 2017-2020 Opens in new window
Learning and Teaching Framework Opens in new window
Role Description - Speech Pathologist - School Based Opens in new window