This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a P.E/Sports background to join the Howard School Sport Partnership and work across primary schools in Medway. The successful candidate would work part-time 6.5 hours one day a week (preferably a Thursday). This appointment is fixed term for one year.
We require for September 2021 an enthusiastic and motivated teacher to work closely with a range of different partner Primary Schools (Strood, rural area of Medway and Rainham and Gillingham) to:
• Help up-skill primary teacher P.E. knowledge, understanding and confidence in teaching the P.E. Curriculum across K.S. 1 and K.S. 2
• Ensure high quality P.E. lessons are delivered to help raise whole school standards.
• Help deliver some CPD workshops for primary teaching staff
• Ensure children are physically active for at least 30 mins daily while at school
• Support Primary Schools to deliver Intra-School Sport competitions and attend Inter-School Competitions.
• Train, motivate and deploy Young Leaders in the Playground at school break times.
• Encourage all Primary Schools to apply for the national School Games Mark Award
If you are a specialist P.E. Teacher and team player and enjoy working with and mentoring colleagues, to improve their quality of teaching and pupil learning in P.E.
The Howard Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
References will be requested prior to interview for those candidates short-listed. The successful candidate will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
We reserve the right to alter our interview dates and close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. Applicants should apply via our online application process via TES online email@example.com.
For an informal discussion on the above post telephone please contact Claire Moore, Partnership Development Manager 07725724393 mobile orr email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Howard Academy Trust Limited is an equal opportunities employer.
The Howard School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Boys school with students of age 11 - 18 years
THE HOWARD IS A THRIVING SCHOOL WITH A REPUTATION FOR PROVIDING THE HIGHEST QUALITY EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL STUDENTS.
Our local and national reputation as a school where results challenge the stereotypical view of underachievement in young m...