To provide professional advice and guidance to the college management as appropriate In respect of the supervising and operation of the Centre and to be responsible for the day to day management of the Centre when the Manager is not available.
1. Assist with the supervision of staff and trainees ensuring correct compliance with all written instructions.
2. Be responsible for the collection, handling and reconciliation of cash and other receipts in accordance with financial procedures.
3. Ensure that facilities bookings and membership systems are managed effectively and monitored on a regular basis and provide accurate analysis.
4. To ensure that the building and its facilities are maintained in a safe, clean and presentable condition at all times and to carry out / supervise staff in cleaning and general duties.
5. Alongside the Centre Manager to identify training and development needs of staff and to arrange appropriate training programmes.
6. To monitor the condition of buildings, plant and equipment and rectify / report problems as appropriate to skills and qualifications.
7. Monitor and guide the activities of users to endeavor to prevent injury, misuse and damage of facilities, equipment or other users
8. Monitor that staff are well presented and that they are courteous and professional when dealing with the public, resolving and reporting problems as appropriate
9. Provide trained assistance and direction to customers (including use of appropriate equipment and appliances and the delivery of classes and/or activities.
10. Prepare promotional literature which meets the needs of the service, cleaning schedules and supervising the carrying out of duties allocated to staff. Re-allocating duties to respond to absences.
11. Carry out stock duties and complete inventories as appropriate
12. Ensure continuous development and improvement of professional knowledge.
13. To be a key holder and to be responsible for the security of the premises, the reconciliation of monies and the receptionist duties. In the absence of the Centre Manager to supervise the facilities and all services within them.
14. Any other duties, of a similar level of responsibility, as may be required.
15. To manage the Fitness Studio provision ensuring their efficient operation within budget guidelines and towards agreed targets and the provision of high standards of customer care.
16. To supervise the work of all staff in liaison with the center Manager including producing staff rotas to meet all business needs.
17. To ensure the Fitness Studio equipment is serviced and maintained to high standards
18. To play a full part in the “life of the college and community”, to support its mission, ethos and help in the development/and/or participation of activities and classes as designed by the Centre Manager.
19. To build, develop and effectively manage the team using the college’s performance management system to ensure high performance and business efficiency
20. To work closely with the Programme Managers for Sport and Public Services in the development of the curriculum.
21. To work with training@hopwood in the development and training of the sports arena apprentices.
22. To deliver and supervise staff in class activity and programming for the Centre.
SALARY SCALE: BS Fixed Point 29 - £24,257.17 per annum
HOURS OF DUTY: 37 hours per week
CLOSING DATE: 25th April 2018