Sports Coach (Behavioural Support)
KS3 & 4
£349.65 - £360 per week. Working hours 8.20am – 15:40pm Monday to Friday.
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are at least 3 months experience in a similar setting.
If you are Team Teach trained this is desirable, however we do offer both courses free of charge! We have a team teach training course on the 1st & 2nd September 2021 * terms and conditions apply.
Vision for Education are seeking a Sports Coach with experience in working within Education settings preferably with young people with behaviours that challenge to join our team from September 2021
The role of a Sports Coach involves working within a dedicated behavioural support team providing learning support to Students in a variety of SEMH (social Emotional, Mental Health and EBD (Emotional, Behavioural difficulties) Schools and settings in the Rotherham area. In this role you will encourage and engage young people who are disengaged from Education in either groups or on a 1:1 basis, this will either be through a variety of sports or within classroom-based learning. You will have a proactive, resilient, positive and child centred approach to all you do. This position can work around your personal circumstances, for example alongside your studies, another job or on a full-time basis.
All of the schools that vision for education work with are dedicated to offering the best possible learning experience tailored to each students individual needs.
To be considered for the Teaching Assistant position, you will:
• Have a minimum of 20 days experience in one relevant setting i.e. school, youth centre, sports coaching, residential setting, respite centre
• A reference to cover a 6 week period (this does not have to be full time) experience on a relevant setting as above
• Previous experience of working with behaviours that challenge is highly desirable
• An enhanced DBS registered to the update service or the willingness to apply for one
• The ability to work on initiative and proactively
• The desire to work with young people with special educational needs
• Own transport is highly desirable or close links to public transport
• Available at least 3 days per week
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Sports Coach who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact Francesca Halit on 0114 5530900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
Vision for Education Ltd