Sports Coach - Girls’ Physical Education
Dates: Apply by Monday 21st May 2018
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
Salary: Academy Trust Payscale based on skills and experience
Start Date: September 2018 with the potential for an earlier start date
The Reach Free School is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Sports Coach for Girls’ Physical Education to join our team of talented, energetic and visionary staff. Sport has a high profile at The Reach Free School, and we are looking for a dynamic individual to deliver high-quality sporting opportunities for our pupils.
This opportunity offers the right candidate the chance to play a key role as we establish ourselves in our new permanent £18m building which opens in September 2018. The facilities at our new school include a four-court sports hall, multi-use games area, netball courts and Sport England standard playing fields.
This is an excellent career opportunity offering the chance to teach in brand new facilities.
You will have a passion for your subject area, and a track record of excellent coaching, collaboration and creativity. You will hold and embody the highest expectations of your pupils and will have the drive and ambition to create an outstanding environment for learning, in your subject area and beyond.
The Reach Free School is looking for its staff to:
- Be outstanding practitioners who inspire pupils and colleagues
- Be creative in delivering a rigorous, academic curriculum
- Believe that every child can and will succeed
- Be flexible, collaborative and resilient
- Be excited about helping to design and create every aspect of the school, including the curriculum, policies and the extended day programme
- Contribute to the whole life of the school through our extra-curricular programme
- Have the highest ambitions for your pupils, the school and yourself
In return we will offer you:
- A unique opportunity to be a key member of staff and help build on the school’s successes to date
- A happy and supportive working environment with high expectations and standards
- An opportunity to pioneer an exciting new curriculum
- A network of outstanding practitioners to collaborate with and learn from
- Opportunities both now, and in the future as the school grows to qualify as and develop as a teacher
- A BUPA cash plan to contribute to medical care
The Reach Free School is a successful and rapidly growing secondary Free School, which opened in September 2013. The over-subscribed school is a popular choice for local families. From September 2018, the school will be moving to a brand new purpose built building right in the heart of the community that it serves.
If the challenges of working to develop a new local school appeal to you, then we would like to hear from you.
Further information is available from our website: www.thereachfreeschool.co.uk
Potential candidates are encouraged to contact The Reach Free School with any questions on 01923 224764 or via email to Mrs S Berman, Headteacher’s PA at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Apply by Wednesday 9th May 2018
Interviews to take place: Week commencing 14th May 2018
The Reach Free School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and expects all staff to share this commitment. In accordance with our Safer Recruitment Policy we are unable to process applications without a fully completed application form. The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. All convictions, cautions and bind-overs, including those regarded as 'spent' must be declared when applying. The applicant may post such a declaration in an envelope marked 'Private & Confidential’ for the Headteacher. The successful applicant must obtain DBS clearance at enhanced level. The school will also carry out a prohibition from teaching check. Non-disclosure may lead to termination of your employment.