Sports Coach - Physical Education
Dates: Apply Monday 3rd July, starting September 2017
Contract type: Full Time (Part Time considered)
Contract term: Permanent
Salary Academy Trust Payscale (£17,500 to £25,000 based on skills and experience)
The Reach Free School is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Sports Coach to join our team of talented, energetic and visionary staff. Sport has a high profile at The Reach Free School, and we are looking for a dynamic individual to deliver high-quality sporting opportunities for our pupils.
The Reach Free School is a successful and rapidly growing secondary Free School, which opened in September 2013. The over-subscribed school is a popular choice for local families and is looking for staff to join from September 2017. From 2018, the school will be moving to a brand new purpose built building right in the heart of the community that it serves. If the challenges of working to develop a new, local school appeal to you, then we would like to hear from you.
You will have a passion for your subject area, and a track record of excellent coaching, collaboration and creativity. You will hold and embody the highest expectations of your pupils and will have the drive and ambition to create an outstanding environment for learning, in your subject area and beyond.
The Reach Free School is looking for its staff to:
· Be outstanding practitioners who inspire pupils and colleagues
· Be creative in delivering a rigorous, academic curriculum
· Believe that every child can and will succeed
· Be flexible, collaborative and resilient
· Be excited about helping to design and create every aspect of the school, including the curriculum, policies and the extended day programme
· Contribute to the whole life of the school through our extra-curricular programme
· Have the highest ambitions for your pupils, the school and yourself
In return we will offer you:
· A unique opportunity to be a key member of staff and help establish the school
· A happy and supportive working environment with high expectations and standards
· An opportunity to pioneer an exciting new curriculum
· A network of outstanding practitioners to collaborate with and learn from
· Opportunities both now, and in the future as the school grows to qualify as and develop as a teacher.
If the challenges of working to establish a new, outstanding local school appeal to you, then we would like to hear from you.
Further information is available from our website: www.thereachfreeschool.co.uk
Potential candidates are encouraged to contact The Reach Free School with any questions on 01923 224764 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Monday 3rd July 2017
Interviews to take place: Early July 2017
The Reach Free School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and expects all staff to share this commitment. In accordance with our Child Protection Policy we are unable to process applications without a fully completed application form. The post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. All convictions, cautions and bind-overs, including those regarded as 'spent' must be declared when applying. The applicant may post such a declaration in an envelope marked 'Private & Confidential’ for the Headteacher’. The successful applicant must obtain DBS clearance at enhanced level.