Smithills Dean Road, Bolton BL1 6JS
Tel: 01204 842382 Fax: 01204 467201
“Academic Excellence. Rich in Opportunity”
11-16 Mixed Comprehensive NOR: 900
Principal: Mr Mike Sidebottom
STEM Lead & Teacher of Science
MPS T1-T9 TLR2B
Full Time, Permanent position
Start date: September 2021
The STEM Lead is an exciting new post created to develop an overarching knowledge of STEM provision in Smithills School. The STEM lead will work in collaboration with the Heads of science/maths/design technology (engineering)/computing/IT to explore cross-curricular links. They will be an outstanding science teacher who will also form part of the science leadership team (alongside the Head of Science, KS4 and KS3 Co-ordinators).
The Science Department is committed to achieving an engaging and academically enriching learning experience that delivers outstanding pupil progress. Within the department and the school there are collaborative support structures and a commitment to training and personal professional development. Within the school, the department is recognised as a lead department for developing classroom pedagogy and this is reflected in the popularity of science with our pupils.
If you are:
* A dynamic classroom practitioner with a clear sense of purpose and high expectations
* A flexible and creative leader able to inspire and enthuse
* A science teacher committed to excellence
* An excellent environment for learning
* Great sport facilities including pool and gym, with a well-kept campus set in beautiful surroundings to the north of Bolton.
* Delightful, ambitious, caring and well-motivated students with a strong work ethic
* An experienced and expert team of year leaders, tutors and support staff
This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Smithills is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.
Please return application forms to Mrs L Muller, Finance & HR Officer, at
Please note CVs are not accepted.
Closing date for applications: 9.00am on Wednesday 24 th February 2021
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years