At The Levett School we provide education and support to students who are finding it difficult to access their mainstream schools or who have been twice permanently excluded. We offer our students another chance in achieving self-actualisation and provide a high quality, safe learning environment in which to develop positive behaviours and skills which can be used to improve their life chances. We work hard to ensure our young people achieve the best outcomes they can by creating individual educational packages which meet their needs and equip them for their next destination. Our hope for our students is that they will re-engage with learning, be successful and achieve their goals. Our aim is for every one of our students to move on to college, school, an apprenticeship or employment.
As we move from a Key Stage 1-3 provision, into a Key Stage 1-4 provision, we are able to offer a unique opportunity for a committed, hard-working subject specialist to lead and shape the new KS4 curriculum and drive the changes needed to implement a new qualifications pathway for vulnerable and challenging learners.
We are seeking to recruit an outstanding STEM Lead Teacher to lead the development of the Science and maths across the Secondary provision along with some collaboration with our Primary provision. You may either be a Maths specialist with the experience and ability to deliver Science to GCSE level or a Science specialist with the ability to teach Maths to GCSE level.
You will be:
- A consistently good or outstanding teacher, with proven results in your subject and beyond
- Highly motivated and able to demonstrate your desire and ability to implement change
- Ready to lead others, with an ability to effectively develop pedagogy and practice
- Enthusiastic about for providing the best educational opportunities and outcomes for children who have disengaged from education
- Resilient and able to cope with working in a challenging educational setting
This post will include KS3/4 Science and Maths teaching as well as the development of wider technology subjects within the school.
Visits are warmly encouraged please contact the Head of School, Claire Whitehead on 01302 390761 (Option 1) to arrange an appointment.
Closing date for applications: Friday 21st May, 2021
Interviews to be held: Wednesday 26th May, 2021
Completed applications should be submitted by email to the school email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or returned by post to the School Business Manager at The Levett School, Melton Road, Sprotborough, Doncaster, DN5 7SB.
The Levett School
- Pupil referral unit(pru) with state funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 16 years