STEM Programme Coordinator – Early years
Circa £22,500 to £28,000 per annum
12 month fixed term
The IET is seeking a Programme Coordinator to join the IET Education 5-19 team. The role is known internally as ‘Programme Coordinator: FIRST® LEGO® League Jr. Discovery’.
The IET is one of the world’s largest engineering institutions with over 168,000 members in 150 countries. The IET is working to engineer a better world by inspiring, informing and influencing our members, engineers and technicians, and all those who are touched by, or touch, the work of engineers.
FIRST® LEGO® League challenges children to think like scientists and engineers in order to research and develop a solution to a real world problem. It changes young people’s lives and inspires them to get and stay involved in engineering.
As the Programme Coordinator, you will work closely with the FIRST® LEGO® League Education Manager to coordinate the running of the FIRST® LEGO® League Jr. Discovery extended pilot and prepare for the programme to be rolled out in the UK and Ireland next season 2019-20. This includes those products and projects that come within it. This is an exciting opportunity to drive forward a brand new programme of activity, developing strategic relationships and delivery partners.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and confident individual, passionate about providing valuable education to young children. You will have excellent public speaking skills and be able to communicate with people at all levels, especially with early years ages 3 to 11. You will be a solid administrator with experience of MS office, particularly Excel and mail merge. Attention to detail and the ability to problem solve is a must!
We look forward to receiving your CV!
Main Duties and Responsibilities (Summary)
• Coordinate the extended FIRST® LEGO® League Jr. Discovery pilot.
• Prepare for the roll out of the FIRST® LEGO® League Jr. Discovery across the UK and Ireland in 2019.
• Design and organise launch days for teachers and schools in different geographical areas in the UK and Ireland wishing to participate in the FIRST® LEGO® League Jr. Discovery programme.
• To ensure that all stakeholders are able and equipped to deliver or participate in the FIRST® LEGO® League Jr. Discovery programme including the design and production of any new materials and school visits as required.
• Work with IET’s FIRST® LEGO® League Education Manager to deliver FIRST® LEGO® League Jr. Discovery as per IET Education 5-19 business plan objectives and in the delivery of events.
• To be responsible for a full range FIRST® LEGO® League Jr. Discovery related administration apart from where administrative support from within the department and elsewhere within the IET has been agreed.
• Represent the IET at FIRST® LEGO® League and other education department events around the UK and Ireland and support the effective delivery of these events.
• Good experience of running and preferably leading activities within timescale
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, including excellent verbal (including public speaking to large audiences) and written communication skills
• Experience working within the Early Years Education sector
• Accuracy and attention to detail, particularly with spreadsheets and customer data.
• Fully IT literate with excellent skills using MS Office particularly Excel and mail merge.
• Good problem-solving skills with an ability to think laterally and creatively to find solutions
• Systematic, flexible and responsive to new issues
• Credibility to work with Early years teachers, Science, Maths and Design & Technology teachers, lecturers and academics, other educators, STEM Ambassadors and those working in STEM Enhancement and Enrichment activities.
• Highly motivated to improve education and make a difference for young people and prepared to work hard to achieve this goal
• Preparedness to travel particularly within the UK and Ireland
• Ability to motivate others
• Minimum GCSE English and Maths
• Knowledge of the UK Early Years education systems
• Experience of working in STEM enhancement and enrichment
• Registered STEM ambassador with enhanced DBS check that is repeated every two years
• Experience of project management
• Stakeholder management trained
• Experience of a membership organisation
• Degree level education
The IET is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.