STEM Teacher (SEND)
Within the role of STEM Teacher, you will be working within a smaller classroom of children who will have varying special educational needs and disabilities and/or behavioural issues. You will teach this smaller class of pupils, helping them to achieve their personal goals whilst ensuring behaviour remains under control. It is likely you will have several staff members working closely within the classroom under your control, so it is essential that you feel confident heading a small team of staff and have a clear structure towards lessons in mind.
Depending on your personal preferences, you could be placed within a Special Educational Needs and Disabilities school in primary or secondary, or within Pupil Referral Units. Due to the nature of the children who you will be teaching, it is likely the school will want to keep continuity between their teaching staff. This means that if you work well with the pupils and the staff, a day to day position could quickly turn into something more long term if that is what you are looking for. There are a number of schools within Scunthorpe we are currently working with and we are expanding further into the Grimsby and Hull area as we speak – so the opportunities for work are expansive and only increasing.
To be considered for the STEM Teacher position, you will:
- Hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Be willing to plan, deliver and mark work from lessons if required
- Feel comfortable adapting teaching style to allow for pupil’s specific needs and abilities
- Have a passion for delivering exciting and interesting lessons, whilst controlling the behaviour of the class effectively, keeping an eye on disruptive pupils and dealing with the efficiently.
About Vision for Education :
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As the successful STEM Teacher and a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £350.
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
- £50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply:
If you are a STEM Teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Lincolnshire SEND team on 01724 857540.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.