We are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking and highly motivated qualified Secondary Teacher to join us as Strand Leader of Dance.
Are you passionate about the performing arts and want to inspire students? Join our thriving academy to instil a lifelong love of Dance in our students. We are currently looking for a highly dedicated Teacher of Dance to work as Strand Leader. This is an varied role, providing support to the Faculty Director in delivering the highest standards of teaching, learning and pupil progress. The successful candidate will also contribute to raising standards of student attainment, monitoring the effectiveness of learning and teaching within the faculty.
At Harris Garrard Academy, staff can expect to grow with us as we continue to innovate and evolve as an academy. We can offer you the opportunity to advance your career within a supportive academy environment. You will be part of a Federation established in developing practitioners and nurturing excellent future leaders, with unrivalled opportunities for progression; whatever your aspirations as a teacher, middle or senior leader, our Teaching School Alliance provides a range of bespoke courses and qualifications, including our Aspiring Leaders NPQML and NPQSL programmes to help you achieve your ambitions more quickly.
In line with the Government’s announcement, our academy is closed until further notice. However, during this period it is our intention to continue with critical recruitment for key positions starting in September 2020. In place of academy interviews, alternative options will be offered so that no one is at a disadvantage, and applicants should expect telephone or virtual interviews, with the possibility of onsite academy interviews only in special cases. We want to reassure applicants that effective measures have been implemented to ensure their health and wellbeing whilst on academy premises.
Thank you for your cooperation during this difficult time.
What we are looking for:
- We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. We are looking for:
- A qualified teacher to teach across all key stages and who has excellent subject knowledge;
- A committed practitioner, who will want to attain the highest standards in teaching and learning and who will expect excellence from the students;
- A collaborative and motivated individual who will lead the subject through a variety of innovative approaches including curriculum design, teaching strategies, use of technology and intervention programmes;
- QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree.
Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
About Harris Garrard Academy
Harris Garrard Academy is an all-through 3–18 academy with approximately 1350 pupils on roll and joined the Harris Federation as a sponsored academy in September 2017. The academy is based in Thamesmead in a purpose built building. We are now on a journey towards “Outstanding”, led by highly experienced executive principals with proven track records of school transformation. Our vision is clear: nothing is impossible and everything is possible, irrespective of personal characteristics or background. Every problem has a solution. We believe we are more robust, resilient and determined as a team than as a group of individuals. We support, challenge and hold each other to account at all levels within the academy to ensure that our students achieve their potential, are motivated, engaged and fully prepared for life beyond our academy.
Why work at Harris Garrard Academy?
- The opportunity to be involved in the transformation of a school from the very start
- A stunning working environment, in a purpose-built school designed by Norman Foster and nominated for the Stirling Prize for architecture in 2004
- A highly motivated team, led by exceptionally experienced and talented senior leaders
- All the advantages of a successful academy group, with a strong central team of support, teaching and leadership staff
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits package
- As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- Access to a diverse network of phase and subject specialist groups
- Support and mentoring from some of the best leaders in education
- An Outer London Harris Allowance, plus a performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension scheme (TPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- The opportunity to work with our amazing students!
Click here for a full list of Harris benefits.
The Harris Federation
Our academy is part of the Harris Federation, the leading large Multi Academy Trust in the country for both primary and secondary education. Harris has an unrivalled track record in raising standards and achieving success for the children in our academies.
Closing the gap between young people from disadvantaged backgrounds and their peers is paramount to what we do. Social mobility has always been a core mission of the Harris Federation, which is why we have continuously set out to transform standards in schools that had, in some cases, failed for generations before joining us. We are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education in order to nurture their individual potential. Join us in creating spaces of learning where children everywhere are nurtured for their potential and given the tools necessary to shape their own future.
Professional development and sharing best practice are a key part of the Harris Federation success, and we can draw on this to offer you top quality training at every stage of your career path, from Beginner Teacher to Middle Leader. We will invest in you with coaching, mentoring, and can offer a wide range of training programmes, delivered by our Teaching School Alliance.
We look for motivated support staff who are committed to helping us transform lives and who will share our belief that every child has the potential to do well.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Harris Federation is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education. Click here to view our full equality and diversity statement.