Apply by: Monday, 11th December 2017 at 9am
Likely interview date: w/c 18th December 2017
Location: Stratford, Newham
School 21 is looking for a dynamic and experienced individual to take on this new and exciting role. Reporting to the Headteacher, the role is a senior one and will take overall responsibility for key areas of the school’s strategy.
Specifically the role will involve:
- Shaping and advising on the school’s parental engagement and support strategy
- Providing strategic oversight for safeguarding
- Overseeing the school provision for dealing with mental health issues
- Overseeing the school’s approach to well-being
- Inputting into the strategic direction of the school through leadership coaching and support
- To oversee three key strategies for the school: Parental engagement and support, safeguarding and well-being.
- To advise the Executive Headteacher, Headteacher and the Governing Body around the strategic direction of the school on all matters related to parental support, safeguarding and well-being
- To provide supervision for the Designated Safeguarding Lead and Deputies on complex cases
- To quality assure all safeguarding process, policies and practices
- To oversee all investigations
- To build the safeguarding capacity of the school
- To advise the school on Ofsted preparation and be the Ofsted nominee for safeguarding during Ofsted inspections
- To liaise with the LSCB board on behalf of the school
- To represent the school on behalf of the Headteacher on very complex safeguarding cases including LADO cases at multi agency meetings.
Parental engagement and support:
- To oversee the school’s strategy for parental engagement
- To build practices and products that sees the school at the heart of the community
- To ensure parent and community voice is at the heart of the school
- To build the capacity to support hard to reach parents
- To work with school leaders to sharpen and quality assure our well-being curriculum
- To oversee support for members of the community with mental health issues
- To sit on the Senior Leadership Team
- To provide coaching, supervision and support to leaders with a particular focus on new leaders
- Significant professional experience in a relevant role working with children
- Highly developed knowledge and understanding of current safeguarding legislation, guidance and policies
- Experience of report writing
- Experience of undertaking risk assessments
- Experience of analysing and collecting data
- The ability to develop positive working relationships with individuals at all levels
- The ability to challenge poor behaviour and practice
- Highly developed analytical and judgement skills, and the ability to analyse data
- Highly developed communication skills (written and verbal), external liaison and networking skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- To lead through inspirational leadership and provide an environment where others feel motivated
- The ability to lead effectively and manage the performance of others in accordance with good management practice
- The ability to clearly demonstrate an understanding of safeguarding responsibilities and a commitment to promoting the welfare of young people
ABOUT SCHOOL 21:
School 21 has built strong foundations in a short period of time, confirmed by our recent Ofsted which was outstanding in all categories. There was strong recognition for the ethos and approach of the school:
"Pupils across the school make exceptional progress."
"Pupils have excellent attitudes to learning, impeccable manners and show respect for everyone.”
“Staff morale is exceptionally high. Teachers at the early stages of their career value the ‘fantastic’ professional development and opportunities to learn from each other. Those with more experience said that they have become much better teachers since joining the school.”
Through project-based learning "pupils achieve remarkable standards of work and demonstrated knowledge and skills at levels beyond those expected for their age group."
“Pupils talk and discuss with a maturity and confidence that is remarkable for their years."
For more information please visit www.school21.org or e-mail Anne Shaker at email@example.com
To apply please visit http://school21.org/careers
School 21 is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding children.