We are seeking to recruit a talented and motivated individual to join us as Strategic Lead for Safeguarding and Vulnerable Groups. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to work in a multi-agency context across early years’ settings, schools and colleges and with local authorities, government departments, and employers to improve the life chances of children and young people.
Our mission is to improve outcomes for children and young people, which we achieve by working collaboratively with school leaders and teachers, putting great emphasis on building effective relationships. Our partnership culture emphasises working on behalf of our clients in a seamless way, aligning our goals, having a culture of transparency and trust and going the extra mile. We have high expectations of ourselves and of others and show this in our behaviours and in how we manage performance and the delivery of the service. Our teams deliver a comprehensive, up-to-the-minute range of expert consultancy, training and management services to over 1,500 education establishments.
We are looking to recruit an experienced and dynamic individual who is able to demonstrate:
- A passion and vision for safeguarding and driving improvement in outcomes for vulnerable children and young people
- A high level of knowledge and understanding of the factors impacting on vulnerable children and young people and current safeguarding guidance and practice across a multi-agency context
- A successful track record of working within the safeguarding field and with knowledge and understanding of how safeguarding can be effective across education, social care and health.
- Experience of leading, developing and motivating a teams with a dynamic and problem solving approach
- A high level of training delivery skills to a range of audiences
- Outstanding communication skills and high levels of emotional intelligence
- The ability to inspire confidence in others, including in challenging and complex situations
- Qualified to degree level with relevant postgraduate qualification
Experience of managing budgets and effective use of resources across a number of teams and areas of work
The role is mobile and you will be required to provide your own vehicle and an enhanced DBS and CBL check is required for this post.
Babcock Education combines the best commercial practice with the values and principles of the public sector, working with schools and settings, extended services, local authorities, colleges, government departments and agencies to improve the life chances of all children and young people. Our long term strategic partnerships enable learners, teachers and communities to fulfil their potential through world-class education.
Babcock is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
For an informal discussion please contact Claire Thomson, Head of Specialist Services and Safeguarding, on 01392 287201.
Please submit your Cv by applying below whereby you will be requested to complete an application form and supporting statement.
Closing Date: 24th February
Interview Date: 16th March