Wood Green is seeking a dynamic teacher who would relish the responsibility of developing further our excellent Careers provision.
The school currently has vacancies for teaching in English, Science, RE and Personal Development and a Head of RE post. However, we would welcome applications from suitable candidates with any subject specialism. We have the flexibility to shape this post around the skills and experience of the candidate and therefore this development post could be held alongside another existing TLR post.
Wood Green is an oversubscribed 11-18 Academy school in the thriving town of Witney, 10 miles west of Oxford. Our strong reputation and results improving year-on-year have led to a rapid rise in student applications. This is an exciting opportunity to lead a whole-school area and we welcome applications from anyone with an interest in playing an enhanced role in our school development.
The TLR holder will:
• have a clear vision for how careers education will enhance the learning and achievement of all students
• offer strategic leadership to ensure our CEIAG develops further
• be a talented teacher with a passion for your own specialist subject
Careers Education, Advice and Guidance plays an increasingly important role in developing well-rounded students at Wood Green School. The successful candidate will be able to build on provision and success that already includes:
• A Careers Education programme delivered within Personal Development lessons
• Work experience for all year 11 and 12 students
• A dedicated 1-1 independent advisor
• A dedicated CEIAG administrator
• Excellent business and enterprise links
• A nomination for the Careers and Enterprise Apprenticeship Awards 2019
• Near 100% coverage of the Gatsby benchmarks
Wood Green School is currently working with OxLEP to develop a Careers Hub for Oxfordshire secondary schools, with Wood Green School as the hub school. If this bid is successful, this will create additional opportunities for the postholder to work across other schools with an enhanced TLR.
To apply for this post, please complete:
1. An application form, including your experience and success as a teacher of your specialist subject(s)
2. A letter that includes:
• your reasons for applying for this post,
• your relevant experience,
• your vision for what outstanding CEIAG will look like at Wood Green School
Your application form and letter should be submitted to Faith Green, email@example.com
The closing date is Friday 26th April (12 noon) 2019. Applications are considered as they are received, we reserve the right to make an appointment prior to closing date.
This appointment is a significant one for the school. If you would like to discuss the post before applying, please email the Headteacher, Rob Shadbolt firstname.lastname@example.org
For details and an application form please visit our school website www.wgswitney.org.uk/vacancies
Wood Green School and the Acer Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and preventing extremism; all staff must ensure that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard children and young people. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and obtain any other statutorily required clearance. Employment will also be conditional on the receipt of at least two acceptable references (one from current/last employer) and evidence of the formal qualifications required for the role. Wood Green School is an equal opportunities employer.