Strategic Lead of Careers
Fixed Term Contract for 1 year
1 day per week (0.17 FTE) / Term time only (39 weeks to include 3 days during summer holidays)
Salary: NJC 26-28 - Full time equivalent salary: £31,548 to £33,291 per annum (pro rata salary: £5,293 to £5,585), depending on experience
Start date: 2 September 2019
We are currently recruiting for a Strategic Lead of Careers to provide oversight for the programme of careers education, information advice and guidance at Waldegrave School. This role has become available following the promotion and subsequent departure of our current Careers Lead whom we previously shared with another local school. The department includes a newly qualified assistant careers advisor and a TLR post holder for careers. We require an ambitious, flexible, enthusiastic and committed person to further develop our already successful careers provision over the next year. There may be scope for additional hours as and when required.
Waldegrave is a school where everyone enjoys learning, feels valued and experiences success. We are a school that believe in a strong supportive environment. This has lead us to being graded as ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in 2018 and awarded ‘Comprehensive School of the Year 2016’ by The Sunday Times.
• is a school where everyone enjoys learning, feels valued and experiences success;
• believes in a strong, supportive environment that values pastoral, extra-curricular as well as academic progression. This has lead us to being rated as ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in 2018 and awarded ‘Comprehensive School of the Year 2016’ by The Sunday Times;
• values and promotes continued CPD. Waldegrave is a teaching school and can offer great support and progression to all staff from NQT’s to middle leaders and onwards to senior leadership;
• has strong links with other local schools, both primary and secondary as well as outside local community associations and clubs;
• is oversubscribed throughout the school and enjoy a thriving, growing sixth form.
Waldegrave School can offer you:
• a supportive community environment in which to develop your career;
• a Staff Association who help to support staff well-being and organise social events;
• a cycle to work scheme as well as an employee benefits and well-being scheme;
• on-site parking;
• close transport links – Fulwell and Strawberry Hill train stations as well as many bus routes;
• after school fitness classes, e.g. zumba and yoga, as well as use of our fitness suite.
Closing date for applications is noon on Wednesday 3 July 2019, however the school reserves the right to bring these dates forward so early applications are encouraged.
Only applications submitted on the school’s application form will be considered.
The safeguarding of our students is at the core of all that we do. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check; a prohibition from teaching check, where applicable; and appropriate references from your current and previous employer, corroborated by personal phone calls made to each referee.