This exciting new Fixed Term 0.6fte Strategic School Improvement Project Leader post arises from a successful bid submitted to the DfE Strategic School Improvement Fund by Bury Teaching Schools Alliance (Christ Church CE Primary School and Elms Bank) and St Monica’s Catholic Teaching School Alliance in conjunction with Bury Council. The successful bid involves the majority of schools across Bury as deliverers or receivers of support or both.
You will be based at Elms Bank, Ripon Avenue, Whitefield, Manchester, M45 8PJ for the majority of the work. The salary for this post (60%) worked over three days will be Leadership Pay Range L13-L17 £31,758 - £35,033 per annum.
This is a Fixed Term Contract due to the successful bid for funding from 1st January 2018 to 31st August 2019.
You will have experience of leading and co-ordinating school improvement work ensuring that strategic plans are delivered and outcomes are met. You should be proactive, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills combined with strong leadership and organisational abilities. You will be able to work independently but also be skilled at team building to achieve a common goal.
This post offers a unique opportunity to work across the borough with a range of partner schools to contribute to improving the outcomes for disadvantaged young people. It also offers the opportunity to work with a range of partner organisations including partners from beyond Bury. The grant covers 2 academic years and is delivered in three strands each led by a senior leader from a partnership school.
Main duties and accountabilities will include:
- Provide strategic leadership for the SSIF project ensuring that the project is effectively and efficiently delivered through the three strands to reduce barriers to accessing learning for disadvantaged pupils in Bury and beyond.
- Develop and implement, in partnership with the strand leads, a project delivery plan, underpinned by deep understanding of the SSIF bid’s aims and principles of working, which will provide excellence in professional development and support, increasing leaders’ and teachers’ effectiveness to secure improvements across participating schools.
- Further develop collaborative opportunities between participating schools and identify outstanding practice and practitioners to contribute to later phases of the project, provision of support across the wider region and sustainability of impact in Bury schools.
- Develop effective relationships with the lead partners (through the steering group), system leader providers, participating schools and teachers and the wider community of schools in Bury.
- With the support of all three teaching school leaders, lead rigorous self-evaluation of the project including quality assurance of project activity and schools’ implementation of strategic approaches.
- Enhance, inspire and motivate effective collaborative working across the participating schools and the providers.
- Promote, initiate and influence participating schools and providers in new ways of working as a result of evidence based research.
- Provide reports to the Steering Group and Bury Strategic Education Board which includes progress against the delivery plan, strengths and areas for improvement and relevant learning to inform the partnership’s ambition to develop sustainable school improvement capacity for Bury schools.
- Prepare reports on behalf of the Steering Group as required by the Department for Education.
- You must be able to meet the essential criteria in the person specification.
If you wish to discuss the post please telephone Jo Seddon, Bury Teaching Schools Alliance Co-ordinator, at Elms Bank on 0161 766 1597 Option: 4
Bury Teaching Schools Alliance and St. Monica’s Catholic Teaching School Alliance are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment.
Appointment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The closing date for applications is noon Tuesday 31st October 2017.
Shortlisting will take place Thursday 2nd November 2017
Interviews will take place Friday 10th November 2017
Application forms can be downloaded from here and returned to Ian Young, Director of Bury Teaching Schools Alliance, via email at BTSA@bury.gov.uk
Please complete the application form in full and write a letter (maximum of 3 sides, Arial 12 font and standard margins) explaining how you meet the person specification criteria marked A and why you feel that you can successfully lead this project. We would like you to explain the responsibilities you have had in your current/most recent post and how you have made an impact on pupil outcomes in your role.
Bury Teaching Schools Alliance (Christ Church CE Primary - Walshaw)
Ripon Avenue, Whitefield, Manchester, M45 8PJ.