Bournemouth Borough Council and the Borough of Poole are working collaboratively to ensure that all parents and children have access to the highest standards and quality of education within their Boroughs. This new joint post will be a key component of this arrangement, bringing together a new joint education improvement function that is fit for the future.
We are looking for a Strategy Lead for Standards and Quality in Education to assist Poole & Bournemouth Councils to realise their aims to ensure that all children, including the most vulnerable, have the best start in life and can locally have every opportunity to make progress and achieve their potential.
You will be passionate about championing the highest standards in education and creating the best inclusive learning opportunities. You will have significant senior leadership experience and a proven track record of successful school improvement. You will need to have a sound understanding of the changing role and work of local authorities and the drive for partnership between all schools, leading to a school led system of school improvement.
We would like to recruit an innovative educational professional, who has the proven ability to work effectively with senior leadership with all schools, offering both challenge and support. You will also be able to represent the local authorities with regional and national agencies influencing both policy and practice.
- Champion on behalf of the local authority high standards of educational achievement, particularly for vulnerable or disadvantaged learners.
- Lead on delivering and fulfilling the statutory duties of the local authorities in relation to School Improvement.
- Act as a key adviser to both Councils on School Improvement issues.
- Act as the strategic lead in the development and implementation of the local authority's education improvement strategy.
- Monitor, evaluate and report on the quality, performance and standards of schools and academies.
You will be:
- An experienced senior leader within educational settings
- A qualified teacher with evidence of further professional development.
- Have a good knowledge of current national policy and practice both in education and in Children's Services.
As this is a new role we strongly suggest you call to find out more through an informal discussion. Please contact Carole Aspden, Service Director C&YPS on 01202 456118 or email@example.com.
Or Vicky Wales, Head of Children, Young People and Learning Borough of Poole on 01202 262261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 11 December 2016
For more details and to apply online, visit www.jobsatbournemouth.com
t. 01202 458838 or 01202 454775 (24- hour answerphone)
The Council is committed to achieving equal opportunities and a work life balance. Bournemouth Borough Council does not accept CVs without an application form.
Bournemouth Town Hall