Student Achievement Leader
Permanent | MPR / UPR | TLR 2B (£4,657) | Easter/September 2020
Please note: As a Doncaster school, if you gained QTS in Science or Computing in the last 5 years, you will be eligible for the teachers' student loan reimbursement.
- An excellent classroom teacher who wishes to combine teaching with raising attainment and progress whole school?
- Aspiring to champion a year group of young people to overcome barriers and achieve their potential?
- Looking to work in a school that has great potential and capacity to improve?
- Seeking to work as part of a team to support pastoral provision and raise standards?
Sir Thomas Wharton Academy (an 11-18 school) within Maltby Learning Trust could be the next step in your career.
We are seeking to appoint an ambitious, talented teacher who is an advocate for young people. A proven track record of excellence in the classroom and a desire to promote pastoral care, celebrate success and provide mentorship is essential.
Our successful candidate will:
- Be an excellent classroom practitioner with high expectations of all learners and teachers across the Academy
- Be highly competent with data to target intervention and evaluate solutions
- Be a team player and work proactively with other leaders and multi-agencies to develop and implement effective pastoral provision
- Be committed to raising standards for vulnerable young people across the Academy enabling them to secure positive progression routes
In return we offer:
- An outstanding induction programme with supportive and dynamic staff
- A reduced teaching load within an ambitious department
- Excellent career development opportunities and access to a comprehensive programme of Professional Learning and Development
- An opportunity to work collaboratively within a multi academy Trust
If desirable, prospective candidates are invited to visit our Academy. Please contact our recruitment partner Min Cunning on 0114 272 1470 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit.
This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
How do I apply?
For further information, or an application form, person specification and role description please contact Min Cunning on email@example.com.
Completed applications including a covering letter detailing how your skills and experience to date will prepare you for this role should be addressed to Mrs Yvonne Bootman, Associate Principal and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Monday 24th February 2020 at 9:00 am