We need talented and experienced Student Achievement Leaders to coordinate the provision of quality pastoral intervention frameworks, resulting in rapidly improving levels of academic attainment and progress. If you are able to engage, motivate and lead our students, staff and parents, these roles start in August 2019.
Situated in Ras Al Khaimah, the Northern-most Emirate of the UAE, one hour from Dubai International Airport, the schools cater to a wide range of expat and local families, with 88 different nationalities attending. Accommodation is close to all the facilities and amenities of RAK itself; the region is known for family-safe lifestyle, with accessible beaches, top class hotels and quality shopping outlets. It offers a positive professional and living environment.
Nestled between the Hajjar mountains and the clear blue waters of the Arabian Gulf, you will be a staff member of the Ras Al Khaimah Academy Family of Schools, providing UK and/or IB education to almost 4000 students, aged 3 to 18, comprised of 88 nationalities, across its five schools; each one with its own unique character.
The successful candidate must:
• Hold a first degree plus a post-graduate qualification in education (i.e. PGCE/GTP), with QTS
• Be able to show pastoral leadership experience.
• Have a proven track record of working in a school, successfully tackling causes of under-achievement
• Have a good ability to relate respectfully, yet persuasively, to all stakeholders and students in particular
• Be a reflective practitioner with the ability to think creatively and innovate to overcome issues
• Be a positive and enthusiastic member of the staffing community
• Most importantly of all, fully subscribe to the maxim that “all complex decision-making be based on what constitutes best practice for the child”.
The school offers a competitive, tax-free international salary and benefits package, comparable to other international schools in the region.
To apply for this position please submit your TES standard application form via the “Apply” button below. Any queries will be answered at email@example.com