We are looking for a highly skilled, experienced and motivated person to join the entrepreneurial team at the world’s leading boarding school, Institut auf dem Rosenberg. This is an exciting, student-focused, varied role, which combines both business and educational skill set.
The Student Development Officer will assist the Heads of Talent & Enrichment as well as College Counselling within the IDP® department. The ideal person will have exceptional administrative, organisational and leadership skills as well as substantial experience in working in a project-based environment. The ideal person will also have extensive experience in running an academic department.
Successful candidates should have the following qualities:
- at least 5 years working in an international school environment.
- experience teaching of IGCSEs and A levels, and working in an IB school.
- at least 2 years experience of responsibility for supporting students to apply to universities worldwide as well as academically guiding students choosing their grade 9 and grade 11 courses.
- experience organising events and projects.
- impeccable English and an understanding of how to communicate with parents from other cultures.
- strong, quick IT and organisation skills.
Candidates should also have the experience of:
- supporting students to apply to German-speaking universities.
- teaching High School Diploma courses.
- fluency in a language other than English.
Institut auf dem Rosenberg is a prestigious and leading independent boarding school for students aged 4-19 years, offering an international education to students from all over the world. Our value-based philosophy is to educate students in preparation for the challenges of the 21st Century. The school offers International GCSEs and A-Levels, US High School Diploma with Advanced Placement examinations as well as the IB Diploma.
The school also operates a one-of-a-kind Talent & Enrichment programme offering an abundance of co-curricular and sports programmes as well as the world’s first school-owned Creative Lab, a learning and experimentation environment. For years the school has pioneered ways to educate children and young adults according to their individual abilities, talents and goals for the future.
• A rare opportunity to work in a highly successful, entrepreneurial and internationally renowned school
• A truly international environment with outstanding facilities
• Colleagues committed to excellence
• An entrepreneurial working atmosphere, dedicated to ensuring every student can follow an individual development plan to maximise his or her potential
• Attractive remuneration package and optional accommodation
Candidates should supply a CV, letter of application detailing clearly their suitability for the post, and contact details of three referees. Send to email@example.com, stating "Student Development Officer" in the subject-line.
Closing date for applications: 21st December 2019. Early applications are encouraged and the school reserves the right to appoint before the deadline for applications. Initial interviews will be conducted via Skype.
Any offer of appointment will be subject to child-protection screening including reference checks with previous employers, and clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service (previously known as CRB) or equivalent.