Do you think you have what it takes to motivate and inspire our students?
The Student Support Service at Kingston College provides invaluable support to students at each stage of their journey from pre-entry to post exit. We have a student orientated culture and put students’ needs at the heart of everything we do.
As our Student Engagement Advisor, you’ll actively engage our students in pastoral support and enrichment opportunities, working with them to shape and develop the provision. You will work in close liaison with students, staff and external organisations to safeguard students and support them in achieving their full potential by offering holistic support, including enrichment tailored to their needs.
This is a permanent, full time position working 36 hours per week, 52 weeks a year.
• A pro-active team player with a positive ‘can-do’ approach.
• Experience of working with young people at risk / vulnerable with concerns such as child in need/care/careleaver with a significant pastoral concern.
• Skilled in triage, assessing and actioning student referrals identified for pastoral support in liaison with curriculum staff.
• Excellent communicator with good interpersonal skills.
• Able to work autonomously, managing / administering safeguarding records effectively for a caseload of students being supported.
• Empathetic and a good listener, able to develop support and safety plans in response to need.
• Experienced in liaising with multi-agency professionals such as social services, police, CAMHS etc.
• Experienced in providing enrichment and/or workshop delivery to students.
Closing date for the return of a complete online application is 3rd January 2022
The benefits package includes generous annual leave of 23 days plus up to 7 additional days over Christmas/New Year as well as an additional 5 days Wellbeing leave to enhance employees’ physical and mental health. This leave is all in addition to Bank Holiday entitlement. There is an excellent pension scheme that receives a significant financial contribution from the employer (Teachers Pensions or Local Government Pension Scheme), subsidised sports facilities and professional development and training plus a salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme.
South Thames Colleges group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults.
The South Thames Colleges Group is made up of Carshalton College, Kingston College, Merton College and South Thames College, which merged on 1 August 2017. South Thames Colleges Group is one of London’s largest providers of post-16 education and training and is an ongoing and significant contributor to its local communities. We aim to put students’ success at the heart of everything we do.
We are looking for hard-working and collaborative people who can join our team and help challenge our students to progress and achieve.
Kingston College is a major provider of further and higher education in Kingston upon Thames. Situated in a thriving riverside town centre, Kingston College provides students with a friendly and stimulating environment for study.
Kingston is both a vi...