Job Title: Student Engagement Mentor
Location: Stockport, Manchester
Salary: £16,467 - £18,500 depending on experience, qualifications and training
Contract Type: Permanent, Full-time
Vision for Education are delighted to be working in partnership with a highly reputable and dedicated organisation who have an exciting opportunity for a Student Engagement Mentor to join one of their specialist independent schools in Stockport.
They specialise in teaching both KS3 and KS4 students whom may present challenging behaviours or are not suited to mainstream education for various reasons, including poor mental health.
About the role
A Student Engagement Mentor will facilitate learning by assisting teaching staff by establishing a relationship with students, and also by their organisation of learning resources and the classroom learning environment.
They will also develop and foster the appropriate skills and social abilities to enable the optimum development of children, according to age, ability and aptitude.
To help the teacher to; prepare students for examinations, link pupils' knowledge to earlier learning and develop ways to encourage it further, and challenge and inspire students to help them deepen their knowledge and understanding.
Applicants must be able to build relationships fast with students and support them to develop their personal and social skills whilst empowering them to fulfill their potential through a series of bespoke interventions.
- Assisting students to complete tasks which challenge students and ensure high levels of interest.
- Support students in the classroom who are AEN/SEND, gifted and talented, LAC or who have other particular individual needs.
- Assist teachers in lessons to maintain pace, motivation and challenge.
- Maintaining discipline in accordance with the school's procedures and encouraging good practice with regard to punctuality, behaviour, standards of work and homework.
- Helping students to acquire and consolidate knowledge, skills and understanding appropriate to the subject taught.
- Lead on Breakfast Club and ensure that students are provided healthy breakfast options and conversation that helps prepare them for the day and identifies any potential barriers to learning that day.
To be considered for the post of Student Engagement Mentor, you must have:
- GCSE Maths and English Grade C or above or Level 2 Maths and English.
- Experience of working with young people aged 11-16 years old (any setting), ideally Key Stage 3 and 4
- Ideally you will have experience of working with young people who present with challenging behaviours
We are looking for individuals who thrive on the opportunity to make a difference to others, are passionate about learning and have a willingness to grow.
In return, they offer:
• Fantastic CPD opportunities
• 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Pension scheme
• Childcare vouchers
How to apply
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education's Permanent Recruitment Team, please contact Tracy Harrison on 0191 267 6555 email@example.com
All post are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check (DBS) under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Acts 1974.
Vision for Education Ltd - Permanent Recruitment Service
- Supply agency