Inspire their remarkable with us
32.5 hours per week.
Excellent opportunity for career development.
What we need:
Our Community Team is looking for a creative individual with a passion and dedication for Arts and Events to:
- Support the Academy House System and Student Leadership programme
- Communicate regularly with student leaders and parents
- Participate and lead part of the Academy Events programme
- Design materials for school events
Greenwood Academy is a vibrant, successful 11-18 Academy situated in the heart of Castle Vale and is part of the Academies Enterprise Trust (AET) family of schools. We currently have 840 pupils on roll and are growing every year. As a member of AET we believe that each and every child is inspired to choose a remarkable life. Our mission is to gather and motivate inspirational people committed to delivering an excellent education that launches children into remarkable lives.
A visit to the school is strongly recommended to discuss the next step in your career.
As part of your Apprenticeship you may also be required to complete Literacy, Numeracy and IT Functional Skills (this will be determined by existing qualifications). Your Trainer/Assessor will assess you in the workplace every 4 weeks. In between these meetings you will have dedicated time away from your job to work on the apprenticeship and collate evidence for your apprenticeship e-portfolio with ongoing support from your Manager and Trainer/Assessor.
This is an exciting opportunity to be in a real job, with real variety, from day one whilst working towards a qualification.
To be eligible for the Apprenticeship, applicants must have resided in the UK or EEA for 3 years prior to the start of the Apprenticeship.
This will be a fixed term position and the duration of the apprenticeship will be determined by the job role and current skills. The position is due to commence after half term.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More training and development, so you can get better at what you do - Varied and stretching continuous professional development opportunities.
- More support for you and your loved ones - A health cash plan, employee loans and savings scheme, discounted gym membership and employee assistance programme.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More reward - A generous and flexible Local Government Pension scheme for support staff.
- More possibilities - To inspire children to find their remarkable.
Closing date: Friday 27 September 2019 at 9am
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today, by clicking the apply now button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.