An opportunity has arisen for a Student Intervention Officer to join our Student Experience department.
As a Student Intervention Officer, you will embed high standards and expectations with the student community and engage with students who may have barriers to learning, ensuring the right actions are put in place to overcome these through liaison with multiple teams of staff. It is a front-line role which contributes to supporting our culture for learning by ensuring readiness to learn and preparing for the work place.
The ideal candidate will have a high level of administration skills, sound professional judgement and the ability to negotiate with students and liaise with staff at all levels which will have a direct impact on the behaviour and attitudes of students.
As a Student Intervention Officer, you should:
- Be qualified to Level 4
- Hold GCSE grade A* - C or equivalent in English and Maths
- Have experience of successfully negotiating with a range of stakeholders in a pastoral and student support setting
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of supporting post 16 learners within an educational or training setting
- The capability of working sensitively and with empathy with students, staff, parents and other agencies to ensure the wellbeing and success of the individual learner
- The ability to work under pressure and on own initiative
- Child Care Vouchers
- Generous Annual Leave
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training & Development
See what we have to offer and come join us. You won’t be disappointed.
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our college website.
Closing date: 11am, Monday 16 July 2018.
Interview date: Tuesday 24 July 2018.
Transforming lives through learning…
…by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhance Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.