Academy: Leeds City Academy
Job Title: Student Receptionist
Grade: B1 .4 - .6 £18, 426 - £19, 171 Pro Rata £16, 497 - £17, 161 37 hours TTO plus 15 days
Accountable to: Business Manager
This is an extremely exciting time to be joining Leeds City Academy, one of the most rapidly improving schools within the Leeds area and county of West Yorkshire. We are an 11-16 Academy and one of three schools within the White Rose Academies Trust, a Trust recognised nationally for its ground-breaking and transformational impact on the lives of the young people it serves. The Academy received a Section 5 Inspection in May 2019 achieving an overall Good judgement with Leadership and Management judged as Outstanding.
Our highly motivated and talented students are at the very centre of everything we do and the shared mission of all our stakeholders is to work ‘In Partnership’ in securing the aspirations and ambitions of every one of our young people. Our Academy is a unique and truly inspirational place to work, enhanced by our wonderful students who come from a diverse range of cultures, heritage and experiences; a significant proportion of students speak English as an additional language.
Our NQT and CPD training programme is highly respected by staff at the Academy and is further enhanced by the various opportunities for professional development provided through our excellent and varied White Rose Academies CPD programme.
Please apply if you wish to work for an Academy Trust who values and supports the next move in your career. Come and join us on our journey to becoming World Class.
As the Student Receptionist acting as the first point of contact you will effectively, courteously and professionally provide a range of administrative, first aid and supportive duties.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for opening student reception and ensuring it is staffed from 08:00 each morning, including student break times and lunchtimes and after school.
- Act as the first point of contact for student reception providing courteous, professional, calm and friendly support for students
- Greet all incoming students, attend to parent/carers and visitors arriving at student reception and redirect as appropriate.
- Meet and greet all new admission students to Leeds City Academy.
- Deal with student enquiries efficiently and in a pleasant and courteous manner.
- Undertake student reception duties, retrieving telephone messages and emails, answering routine telephone and face to face enquiries.
- Deal with student requests, such as phoning home, taking notes, delivering items to students and collecting students
- Manage the signing in and signing out of students in line with the safeguarding protocols & liaising with main reception, as required, to ensure protocols are followed.
- Escort students to seclusion and internal exclusion, if required, on arrival to school.
- Lead first aider; act as first responder, look after sick and injured students, liaise with staff and parents. Ensure adequate stock levels of first aid suppliers are kept and regularly check stock levels of all first aid boxes in the academy.
- Maintain the academy accident register, keeping up to date records of all accidents and minor injuries in accordance with the academy policy.
- Ensure Year Managers complete risk assessments for students returning to school with illness or injury e.g. crutches, slings, casts.
- Follow current protocols and in accordance with academy policy, administer medication to students who have a care plan in place or require medication during the school day.
- Maintain the central student locker database and support students with enquiries relating to this. Keep records of deposits and refunds for locker keys and cash receipt records. Ensure lockers are emptied when students leave the academy and report any defects to the site team for repair.
- Maintain and manage the uniform shop, planners and student stationery, ensuring stock is accounted for and distributed. Ensure cash handling is carried out in accordance with Academy financial procedures.
- Provide routine clerical support e.g. reprographics, filing, scanning, emailing, completing routine forms, word-processing and other IT based tasks as directed by the Inclusion Manager and other senior leaders.
- Support the Pastoral Team at the start of the school day in making telephone calls to parent/carers.
- Maintain late desk in the event of Attendance Officer absence until cover is arranged.
- Make first day absence calls in the event of Attendance Officer absence.
- Produce AM & PM fire registers in the event of Attendance Officer absence.
- Manage the detention system and be available to escort students to detention at the end of the day.
- Use SIMS to record incidents and record contact with students and parent/carers.
- Work with Year Managers to organise and coordinate all school immunisation
- Issue and maintain records of free bus travel passes issued to students
Part of The White Rose Academies Trust - the most rapidly improved family of schools in the region – Leeds City Academy is accelerating on a thrilling journey, which will ultimately see the school, its staff and its students, secure an Ofsted rating of ‘World Class’.
We're securing our vision for ‘World Class’ by growing our family of exceptional education professionals; dedicated specialists and passionate leaders with the shared goal of transforming future prospects for the next generation in West Yorkshire.
We provide exceptional life training; harnessing the skills and fortifying the aspirations of young people, who we know will transform the region and provide a positive, progressive contribution to society.
The White Rose Academies Trust is a local Trust dedicated to raising and fulfilling the ambitions of young people. Our academies throughout Leeds are at the heart of the communities they serve, which is why we are committed to delivering an outstanding education to every one of our students.
The Trust employs almost 400 outstanding professionals who are committed to unlocking the potential of the next generation
We benefit hugely from our sponsor, Leeds City College which, along with the White Rose Academies Trust, is part of the Luminate Education Group. Other members of the group include Leeds College of Music, Keighley College and Harrogate College. Our sponsor provides leadership and operational support and advice to all our academies. They also share our vision of creating a truly outstanding Trust.
Closing Date: Thursday 23 January 2020 – 9am
Shortlisting: Friday 24 January 2020
Interview Date: Thursday 30 January 2020
Start Date: ASAP
To apply, please complete the application form by the closing date of Thursday 23rd January 2020 – 9.00 am. Please note we are unable to accept CV’s.
The White Rose Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students and expects all staff and volunteers to share the commitment. Appointments will be subject to Safer Recruitment Procedures and a DBS check.
PLEASE NOTE THE REQUIREMENT TO ATTACH YOUR APPLICATION FORM AS A SEPARATE DOCUMENT TO YOUR EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES FORM WHEN EMAILING YOUR APPLICATION TO US.