We are looking for a Student Referral Room Officer to join our strong and supportive academy team.
As an employee with the Harris Federation, you will receive a generous benefits package, including performance and loyalty bonus, pension scheme (LGPS), Harris wellbeing cash plan and additional Harris benefits.
You will be responsible for supervising students who are referred to the SRC, organising and delivering the curriculum offer and liaising with teaching staff to ensure appropriate work is set and appropriate provision is in place. You will need to be able to help facilitate restorative conversations, maintaining a calm and purposeful learnign environment and following up on any truancy or attendance concerns.
What we are looking for:
- Basic knowledge of learning barriers and of some of the social issues facing students from disadvantaged backgrounds and, ideally, knowledge of SEN
- One year's experience of working in an inner city school or educational establishment, and experience in a similar role, working with young people with challenging behaviour
- An understanding of curriculum matters, and the ability to contribute effectively to the supervision of students in their learning
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Applicant Pack.
About Harris Academy Peckham
Our vision at Harris Academy Peckham is to ensure every child achieves excellence in all aspects of academy life. We have high aspirations, both in terms of academic standards and personal development, in order to prepare students for the demands of the 21st century global workplace. We expect every child to excel, and will provide the necessary challenge and support to make this happen.
Why work at Harris Academy Peckham?
- A place where all flourish, all feel valued and where achievement is the key to success.
- An opportunity to join an ambitious academy at the heart of the local community, working with experienced and inspirational leaders towards an outstanding future.
- The combination of the traditional values of good manners, strong discipline and respect with excellent teaching.
- Generous Harris benefits package and excellent opportunities for personal and professional development.
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Candidate Information Pack.
For more information, or to arrange a visit or a confidential discussion with the Principal, please contact the academy on 0207 703 4417 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Harris Federation offers exceptional opportunities for personal and professional development. No matter what stage you are at or what job you do, we will support and develop your skills, with our Teaching School delivering outstanding courses for staff at every level.
As part of Harris, you will have the opportunity to progress within a close regional network, with regular opportunities for promotion available both within the academy and across the Federation.
We have a highly experienced team of leaders, including executive principals, mentors and subject specialists, all committed to supporting your career and developing your skills.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.