Do you have a nursing/medical background, passionate about student welfare and have experience interacting with students?
Glyn School is looking to appoint a Student Services and Medical Room Assistant who will be our primary First Aider and provide medical support for students who feel unwell during the school day. The successful candidate will be knowledgeable and experienced in administering first aid to students, with an ability to interact and support our students from a medical and well-being perspective during the school day.
You will be joining an Ofsted rated ‘Outstanding’ school, working alongside a highly dedicated pastoral team, in a supportive and friendly working environment. An oversubscribed 11-19 Academy, we are a vibrant school for boys with 1229 students on roll (Year 7-11), and a successful mixed Sixth Form with 490 students. Our academic success is underpinned by the strong pastoral support that we provide for our students, committed to promoting students’ physical health and mental well-being.
We are interested in hearing from all candidates, no matter what point in your career you are currently at and welcome flexible working arrangements.
Start date: As soon as possible
Contract type: Permanent, Term-time only
Working hours: Mon - Fri, 8:30am - 3:30pm or Mon - Fri, 9:00am - 3:00pm, Term-time only, 39 weeks of the year
Pay scale: GLF Support Staff (Fringe) G4
Pay range, full-time: £17,934 - £20,653
Pay range, pro-rata: £13,589 - £15,650
This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly effective and enthusiastic individual to join our successful and collaborative team.
Glyn is a high performing school, with an Ofsted ranking of ‘Outstanding’ since 2009. An oversubscribed 11-19 Academy, Glyn is the lead school in the successful and thriving GLF Multi-Academy Trust. Ours is a vibrant school for boys aged 11-16 with an oversubscribed and successful mixed Sixth Form. Founded in 1927, we have a rich history of academic, sporting and artistic excellence and in 2014 we were designated a teaching school, one of a select number that represent the most outstanding and innovative practice nationally.
Glyn is ideally situated just ten minutes’ walk from both Ewell East and Ewell West stations, both of which are approximately 20 minutes from Clapham Junction and within Zone 6.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Be able to respond to and administer emergency first aid.
- Be able to attend to student medical needs during the school day.
- Have the knowledge and experience to support students from a medical and physical well-being perspective.
- Be organised and effective in maintaining and updating student medical records in the school's information systems.
- Be personable and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills during interactions with Students, Staff, Parents and Carers.
- Be enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team.
- Be passionate about the student's learning and welfare.
We can offer you:
- An opportunity to work in an enthusiastic and friendly environment.
- An opportunity to contribute and grow in a well-resourced and highly successful school.
- Enrolment in the Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Enhanced employee benefits.
- The benefit from sharing outstanding resources and support in every aspect of school life as an academy within GLF Schools
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview as soon as applications are received. GLF reserves the right to invite candidates for interview ahead of the closing date and withdraw this vacancy at any time if there is a good level of response. We would therefore recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.
You are very welcome to come and visit us at Glyn School. Please contact Sri Narasimhan, HR at 0208 716 4949 to arrange a suitable date and time.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, are happy to discuss flexible working options.