Student Services Manager
35 hrs/week, Term Time only, plus one week (40 weeks)
Salary: NJC 18-20 - Full time equivalent salary: £27,228-£28,215 per annum (pro rata salary: £23,305-£24,147), depending on experience
Start date: 25 November 2019 (To be confirmed)
We are currently recruiting for a committed, enthusiastic and adaptable person to lead and manage our small but busy Student Services team. The focus of the team is to provide support to pupils to enable them to make relevant progress and engage in their learning.
Previous experience of working with children (11-16), preferably in an educational setting is required and experience dealing with external agencies would be an advantage. The successful candidate will have a calm and tactful approach with the ability to work to tight deadlines and be emotionally resilient.
• is a school where everyone enjoys learning, feels valued and experiences success;
• believes in a strong, supportive environment that values pastoral, extra-curricular as well as academic progression. This has lead us to being rated as ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in 2018 and awarded ‘Comprehensive School of the Year 2016’ by The Sunday Times;
• values and promotes continued CPD. Waldegrave is a teaching school and can offer great support and progression to all staff from NQT’s to middle leaders and onwards to senior leadership;
• has strong links with other local schools, both primary and secondary as well as outside local community associations and clubs;
• is oversubscribed throughout the school and enjoy a thriving, growing sixth form.
Waldegrave School can offer you:
• a supportive community environment in which to develop your career;
• a Staff Association who help to support staff well-being and organise social events;
• a cycle to work scheme as well as an employee benefits and well-being scheme;
• on-site parking;
• close transport links – Fulwell and Strawberry Hill train stations as well as many bus routes;
• after school fitness classes, e.g. zumba and yoga, as well as use of our fitness suite.
The safeguarding of our students is at the core of all that we do. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check; a prohibition from teaching check, where applicable; and appropriate references from your current and previous employer, corroborated by personal phone calls made to each referee.