Ely College are seeking a Student Support Assistant to work within the House office to provide support, encouragement and pastoral care to our students. You will be working with a range of stakeholders including: parents, teachers, support staff and outside agencies to contribute to the progress of individual pupils. This varied and interesting role includes overseeing the administrative functions of a busy office as well as offering support to the House Senior Tutor.
The role also involves the administration of our work experience scheme and involvement with our work-related activities for students.
This is a term time only position working 37 hours a week starting at 8.00am and finishing at 4.00pm.
In 2018 Ely College not only secured the best GCSE results in its history but was also named as the "Secondary School of the Year" by the Cambridge News Education Awards.
Our vision is to ensure every student receives an inspiring education which will equip them with the skills and knowledge needed to succeed beyond the classroom. We have an unwavering focus on progress, which is underpinned by a strong partnership with parents and the community ensuring that our students are a credit to the College. Cambridge Meridian Academies Trust is a success story that continues to grow and part of their success is down to the ability to Recruit, Develop and Retain the very best teachers.
Interviews will take place on Friday 1st February.
What we can offer you:
· A philosophy of 100% achievement and inclusion
· A commitment to extending the boundaries of learning enabling all young people to become well- rounded individuals
· A purposeful and caring learning environment, where every individual is known, valued and supported
· Well-motivated and engaged students and ambitious, dedicated and professional staff
· A commitment to leadership, innovation, staff progression - we are passionate about retaining good teachers - and partnership working, as part of our family of schools
You will benefit from:
· An induction programme for all new staff
· Employee Assistance Programme to help support you in everyday life as well as career decisions
· Staff social activities, including staff fitness and wellbeing sessions
· Free breakfast in the school restaurant and free tea and coffee throughout the day
· Ample on site car parking in a city location
· As a member of the CMAT Trust, there is potential to be promoted and/or work across a number of schools in a close geographical area
You will be:
· Enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team
· Able to build effective working relationships with students and staff
· Able to provide stimulating and engaging experiences for our students, challenging them to achieve beyond their expectations and supporting them to become lifelong learners
· Able to work in partnership with students, parents, staff, governors and the wider Community
For informal enquiries about the role or a tour of the school please contact Victoria Cutforth, HR Officer on email@example.com.
To apply for this vacancy, please click the apply button below and if you have any queries beforehand please do not hesitate to contact us.
The post holder will have a shared responsibility for the safe guarding of all children and young people. The post holder also has an implicit duty to promote the welfare of all children and young people. The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be subject to an enhanced check with the DBS.