Term-time only, 15 hours per week (Monday and Friday)
The Hart School is looking to appoint a part-time Student Support Officer who is motivated, committed and enthusiastic about supporting young people in their school environment. The role is for two days a week - Monday and Friday.
The key responsibility will be to ensure that high standards of behaviour and discipline are maintained at all times within school, to include working in internal isolation and supporting students with achievement.
The successful candidate will assist the Assistant Principal for Behaviour, Head of Year and form tutors in ensuring high standards of behaviour, engagement in learning, achievement and the personal development of our students. The post holder will liaise closely with staff, parents and other outside agencies.
We are seeking an individual who can demonstrate:
• Ability to deal with sensitive issues in a professional manner
• High levels of personal organisation and motivation
• Ability to work constructively as part of a team, understanding school roles and responsibilities and your own position within these
• Ability to relate well to children and to adults
• Experience of working in an education setting committed to the inclusion agenda
• Experience of working with pupils demonstrating challenging behaviours.
Closing date: Thursday 15th April 2021
Interview date: to be confirmed
To apply, please download and complete the application form, then apply via the TES website or email directly to: email@example.com
The Hart School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will have to undertake relevant safeguarding checks.
The Hart School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
The Hart School is a mixed, non-selective, non-denominational secondary school with sixth form in Staffordshire serving students from the age of 11-18. The secondary school, situated in Rugeley has approximately 832 students on record.