Vision for Education, the supply arm of TES, are seeking to appoint an ambitious full-time Student Support Tutor to work at a Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) school on the outskirts of Cambridge, Cambridgeshire. This is a full-time position, specialising in supporting pupils with Autism and will begin from September 2018. The post will continue on a permanent basis if you are the right person for the school.
The desired Student Support Tutor will be expected to specialist in supporting the behaviour of the students you’re assisting with. The ideal candidate will be working across the Primary and Secondary phrase and will be involved in tutoring small groups and 1-1 with students. The desired Student Support Tutor will be actively involved in offering in-class support and teaching, and being responsible for sometimes differentiating work if required. Furthermore, the role of the successful Student Support Tutor will include monitoring student’s progress and providing a unique level of support in the classroom when and if required.
The school is a large school for children with a diagnosis of an Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC). The school is rated as ‘Good’ in all aspects and are in the process of working towards ‘Outstanding’ for their next Inspection. They are passionate and committed about providing high-quality CPD opportunities for all members of staff to ensure they make the most out of their role, providing effective teaching and learning opportunities and making the best out of their future career development.
To be considered for the position as a Student Support Tutor, you must:
- Have a background working with children and young people in either a mainstream or Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) setting (ideally with children with Autism)
- Be flexible, adaptable and able to hit the ground running in a busy and vibrant environment
- Able to adjust lessons and teaching approaches accordingly to meet the needs of the children you’re supporting
- Have a passion for teaching with the ability to support the class teacher with delivering inspiring and engaging lessons
- Have a genuine desire to become part of committed team of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) practitioners, specialising in Autism (ASC/ASD) and Dyslexia
At Vision for Education, we take our responsibilities to our practitioners seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of the Vision for Education team, and as a Student Support Tutor, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates of pay, paid weekly through PAYE
- Support through your placements
- Unparalleled daily rates
- Access to a dedicated SEND Consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Access to free specialist Continued Professional Development (CPD) opportunities such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Moving and Handling Qualifications, and 20+ eLearning Courses through EduCare
- £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
If you are a Student Support Tutor who can enthuse, motivate and engage students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you today.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and meet Vision for Education's stringent safeguarding checks for this Student Support Tutor position. We will also require you to hold a current DBS certificate (Child Workforce only) and it be registered on the Online Update Service. If your DBS is not registered online or you do not hold a DBS under Child Workforce, Vision will assist in your application.
For more information on this Student Support Tutor position and other teaching opportunities Vision for Education have to offer within Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) across Cambridgeshire, please contact the Peterborough SEND Team on 01733 371371 or Lauren.Bates@visionforeducation.co.uk