Student Support Worker
National School Chaplaincy Program (NSCP)
Part-time Temporary (5 hours one day per week) for the 2020 School Year
The role of the Student Support Worker is to support the emotional wellbeing of students. The NSCP supports schools to provide a school based role that is recognised as part of the whole school approach to pastoral care.
- Meet the NSCP’s minimum qualification requirements (a Certificate IV in Youth Work or Pastoral Care (or equivalent) which must include competencies (or equivalent) in ‘mental health’ and ‘making appropriate referrals’). www.csnsw.catholic.edu.au/national-school-chaplaincy-program-2020-2022/
- Experience in providing support to children and/or young people to address social and emotional needs.
- Ability to support schools and teachers to identify and develop educational, social and emotional programs to support children and young people who are vulnerable or at risk.
- Ability to liaise with community service organisations.
- Experience in mentoring children and/or young people.
- Well-developed organisational and time management skills with the capacity to work effectively both independently as well as part of a multidisciplinary pastoral care team.
- Have a demonstrated commitment to personal faith practice
This position will be for the 2020 school year (with possibility of extending to three years).
Forward written applications as a single document addressing the selection criteria, including your qualifications, experience and suitability for the role of Student Support Worker, along with names and details of two referees.
Vin Butler – Principal
St Patrick’s Primary School
Macksville NSW 2447
Ph: (02) 65681397
Applications must be received by 9.00am Friday 13 December 2019
Child protection legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Information on how to Register for Employment in the Lismore Diocese is available on the Catholic Schools Office website http://www.lism.catholic.edu.au/employment/employment-information/