Applications are invited from suitably qualified people for the following position:
National School Chaplaincy Program (NSCP)
Student Support Worker
Part Time Temporary – 5 hours per week
Start date: Term 1 2021
The role of the Student Support Worker is to support the emotional wellbeing of students. The NSCP supports schools to provide a school based role that is recognised as part of the whole school approach to pastoral care.
● Experience and/or training in providing support to children and/or young people to address social and emotional needs.
● Ability to support schools and teachers to identify and develop educational, social and emotional programs to support children and young people who are vulnerable or at risk.
● Ability to liaise with community service organisations.
● Experience in mentoring children and/or young people.
● Well-developed organisational and time management skills with the capacity to work effectively both independently, as well as part of a multidisciplinary pastoral care team.
● Respect and uphold the ethos and teachings of the Catholic Church and the values of the Employer
● Meet the NSCP’s minimum qualification requirements (a Certificate IV in Youth Work or Pastoral Care (or equivalent) which must include competencies (or equivalent) in ‘mental health’ and ‘making appropriate referrals’). https://www.csnsw.catholic.edu.au/wpcontent/uploads/2019/11/CSNSW-NSCP-Guidelines-on-NSW-Arrangements-for-2020-2022.pdf
This position will be for the 2021 school year
Applications: Please forward written applications as a single PDF document to the Principal at the email address below. It should address the selection criteria, include your qualifications, experience and suitability for the role, along with names and details of two referees.
Principal: Michael Piccoli Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 9:00 a.m. Monday 18th January 2021
Child Protection legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Information on how to Register for Employment in the Lismore is available on the Catholic Schools Office website http://www.lism.catholic.edu.au/employment/employment-information/
Our Lady Help of Christians Primary LISMORE
New South Wales