Student Welfare Officer
25 hours per week, 40 weeks per year (term time, plus 2 weeks), worked Monday to Friday 9.30-2.30pm (some flexibility around start and finish times can be considered)
Grade H3, SCP 14 – 17 Pro rata salary £10,366.62 - £10,949.63 per annum
inclusive of Fringe Allowance
Could you be an enthusiastic and experienced Student Welfare Officer who would like to join an academy rated as Good by Ofsted?
If you believe that anyone can excel and that everyone deserves the best then this is the job for you.
As a Student Welfare Officer you will provide medical/welfare service and support to students and will contribute to specific interventions which impact positively on student wellbeing, attendance and performance. You will have a friendly, calm and confident manner and be able to communicate effectively and positively with students with different cultural, physical and social needs. You will have strong administration skills and will possess a first aid qualification. In addition you will be able to demonstrate your ability to support students in an educational setting.
We can offer:
- Professional development opportunities
- Support and mentoring by a strong Senior Leadership Team and department heads
- A full induction programme for new staff to the academy
- An incentive package, which includes: complimentary gym membership, access to the cycle scheme, childcare vouchers and full use of an employee assistance programme
- Promotion and career development within a multi academy trust setting (Meller Educational Trust)
- The opportunity to work in our double award winning £30 million new building with excellent facilities
- A full programme of wellbeing and social activities as part of our commitment as an Investors in People (Health and Wellbeing Award) employer
If you would like to join an oversubscribed, forward thinking academy with a strong vision, and a team of staff and students who share the commitment to its success and are ‘Proud to Belong’ then, we would welcome your application.
Please visit our website http://www.thebusheyacademy.org/recruitment/job-vacancies for a job description and application form. Your application form and letter of application should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. CVs are not accepted.
Closing date: 9am 20 November 2017
Interviews: w/c 20 November 2017
The Bushey Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All staff will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.