Location: Harrison, ACT
Employment Type: Part-Time, Temporary
Salary Range: $34.00 per hour + Superannuation
Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 11.55pm, Sunday 18 April 2021
Mother Teresa School caters for students from four years of age, where students are enrolled in our Early Learning Centre, to students in Year Six. Our school motto “do small things with great love” inspires us to care for fellow members of our school community as well as reach out into the wider community. The School prides itself on the diverse range of activities it offers students and this is due to the generosity and expertise of the staff.
About the Role
The position will be required to provide a service that is intrinsically a part of the core business of the School on this continuum of Pastoral Care. In this context the role contributes to the mission of CECG by the provision of Pastoral Care support services to school communities in order to promote and foster the wellbeing and welfare, successful school engagement and development of all students, and to work collaboratively with other staff and parents in achieving this.
- A sound understanding of and commitment to the Church’s mission in Catholic education and the capacity to contribute to the spiritual and community life of the school.
- Excellent management and organisational skills that create supportive and safe environments, including managing challenging student behaviours and meeting a variety of social and emotional needs.
- An excellent understanding of and ability to implement student support programs, including the provision of referral services as required.
- A willingness to respond creatively to the needs of both schools in the area of the social and emotional wellbeing of their students.
- A willingness to contribute towards the wider school community, in order to build and strengthen school’s relationship with parents, parish and community.
- An awareness of initiatives and developments in research pertaining to social and emotional learning, and trauma related behaviours in children.
Please refer to the role description for an in-depth detail regarding criteria and skill set required.
Applications are invited from interested candidates able to demonstrate a commitment to the vision of Catholic Education.
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and current resume including a statement of suitability against the skills, attributes and experience as outlined in the Position Description.
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with CE policy.
For further information about the School please visit our website. Information about Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn can be accessed here.
Position specific queries: Please contact Donna Betts on 02 6241 5604 or via email email@example.com
Application queries: Please contact the Recruitment Team on 02 6234 5427 or via email Recruitment@cg.catholic.edu.au
Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn