Subject Advisor - Psychology and Sociology
Salary: £32,100 - £37,000
OCR (Oxford Cambridge and RSA Examinations) is a leading UK exam board, dedicated to recognising achievement in learners of all ages. The range of qualifications from OCR is wide and varied and there are choices for learners of all ages, abilities and needs. Over 13,000 schools, colleges, workplaces and other institutions use our A Levels, GCSEs and vocational qualifications.
You will be passionate about your subject and able to be an ambassador for it with schools, the regulator and stakeholders at all levels. Providing high quality customer service will be very important to you.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
• Providing subject input into the development and revision of qualifications
• Working with schools and teachers to help them deliver our qualifications
• Growing OCR’s business through partnerships and stakeholder engagement
• Quality assurance of subject content developed by external subject experts and training of assessors
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following expertise and experience:
• Ability to demonstrate behaviours required to build successful partnerships and relationships
• Excellent subject expertise and the ability to discuss subject issues at high level with a range of stakeholders
• Experience of successfully delivering projects on time
• Knowledge of assessment within your subject
• The ability to communicate clearly and persuasively to a range of audiences
• A can-do attitude and strong problem-solving skills
• Recent teaching experience is desirable.
For further details of the role please see the job description.
• Generous contributory pension
• 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
• Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
• Employee discount and cash back scheme at 1,200 retailers
• Cycle scheme
• Subsidised canteens
• Support for professional qualifications
The closing date for applications is 27 July 2017.
To find out more about this role please view the job description or to apply, please upload your covering letter and CV –
As part of your recruitment process you will be required to undergo a background screening. This will be carried out by our selected supplier, Credence Background Screening Limited.