Tudor Grange Academy Kingshurst, Birmingham
Closing date: 12:00pm Monday 19th April 2021
Date posted: 25th March 2021
Start date: September 2021
Contract type: Full Time
Salary: M1 – U3 & TLR 2B (£4275)
Contract term: Permanent
We are seeking to recruit an outstanding Subject Lead for Biology to contribute to a thriving and highly popular department. We are fortunate to have a well resourced Science department, made up of many laboratories and breakout rooms, 2 technicians with substantive offices and further planning and prep rooms.
We are looking for a leader that possesses resilience, is driven and self-motivated who will contribute to the success of our cohesive and welcoming department and academy. The successful applicant would be expected to lead Biology and inspire staff and students in a range of classes, including key stage 3, 4 and 5. Much time is committed to developing a wide range of teaching and learning strategies across the academy, with a focus on a collaborative approach to planning with centralised, shared units of work and resources across the whole Trust.
As a current curriculum offer we follow AQA and the chosen candidate will need to demonstrate:
• Experience in success for improving teaching and learning in across the academy
• Able to lead, motivate and inspire staff and students
• Have a drive for continuing professional development
• Have experience of managing change and development
• Passionate about raising standards for students in Science, specifically Biology
• Be committed to continuous improvement
• Be an excellent classroom practitioner
We are a large mixed secondary school for children aged 11-19, located in North Solihull/Birmingham borders. We are committed to providing the best education possible for our students and are keen to attract quality teachers for our appreciative learners. Our students are proud of our Academy and are excited to welcome committed teachers to join us. The successful candidate will have a passion for education and making a real difference to the lives of our students. All subject specialisms are welcome to apply. It is a very exciting time to join us having recently, September 2018, joined the high performing Tudor Grange Academies Trust of 11 schools (6 secondary and 5 primary schools). We are excited about what we can achieve together and our high quality, state of the art building enables all our students and staff to excel with extensively refurbished learning environments and facilities.
Additionally, you will benefit from:
• teaching in a forward-thinking department with excellent resources and facilities for teachers who have a passion for their subject
• working in a multi-academy trust with the potential for opportunities of collaboration and leadership across the five other secondary schools, as well as large scale Trust training days with opportunities to network and share best practice and share resources across the Tudor Grange family of schools
If you feel that you have these attributes and skills and are a suitably qualified and highly motivated professional then we would like to hear from you.
Informal conversations/meetings can be done via TEAMS regarding this post and are most welcome – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange.
Closing Date for applications: Friday 16th April 2021
Completed applications must be returned to Stella Smallwood at the academy by 12pm on the closing date via email to email@example.com
For further details please visit https://www.kingshurst.tgacademy.org.uk/
The recruitment process is robust in seeking to establish the commitment of candidates to support the school’s measures to safeguard children and to identify, deter or reject people who might pose a risk of harm to children or are otherwise unsuited to work with them. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check. All applications will be considered on their merit and the post will be offered subject to the usual health and criminal record clearance. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Tudor Grange Academy Kingshurst
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years