We are looking for a driven and well-qualified subject leader of Business & Economics who, under the guidance of the Director of Business and Modern Foreign Languages, will lead the development of Business and Economics in the school. Applications are welcomed from those with a proven track record of success in the classroom at Key Stages 4 and 5, across the ability range and the desire to be an outstanding leader. The ability to teach another subject (mathematics and/or within humanities) is welcomed.
As a teacher in our school, you will be responsible for ensuring that every student enjoys an excellent experience in your lessons and will work closely with the rest of your team to lead in developing and delivering engaging Schemes of Learning.
This opportunity has arisen as a result of the retirement of the current post holder.
If you are a highly effective teacher, able to form excellent educational relationships with students and staff and are confident at leading the development of challenging and engaging schemes of learning, we would love to hear from you.
In return we offer:
- A school committed to excellence that values staff and students
- A curriculum structure that offers both academic and vocational courses at GCSE, plus both Business and Economics at A Level
- A school with an outstanding ethos, results, attendance and behaviour on a par with other high achieving schools in the South West of England
- A full and varied CPD programme offering teaching and leadership development for our staff
- Excellent students with good take up at A Level
- Wider opportunities to be involved across our Multi Academy Trust.
Wellsway Multi Academy Trust is a partnership of schools which span the Bristol - Keynsham - Bath area that are working together to provide a high quality educational experience for all students in their care.
If you are interested and want to find out more or how to apply, please go the How to Apply section. Closing date for applications is midday, Tuesday 17th April 2018. Interview date to be confirmed.
PLEASE NOTE: Early applications are encouraged. Wellsway School reserves the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date of the advertisement, should the School be able to appoint an appropriate candidate.
If you are interested and would like to discuss further or visit the school, please contact Miriam Wharf, (Director of Business and Modern Foreign Languages) on 0117 986 4751 or email email@example.com who will be delighted to hear from you.
- Visit the school website www.wellswayschool.com
- Download the Job Description/Person Specification, Candidate Pack and Application Form
- In Section 7 of the Application Form (Information in Support of your Application) in no more than two sides please provide details of how your skills and experiences match the qualities referred to in the person specification.
- Email your completed Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Wellsway Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Your suitability to work with children and young people will form part of the selection process. For this post, prior to appointment Wellsway Multi Academy Trust will apply for a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring check, a Children’s Barred list check, two satisfactory references, satisfactory pre-employment health screening and for Teachers, a Prohibition Check in relation to the children’s workforce. In some settings a Declaration will be required in order to meet our obligations under the ‘Disqualification under the Childcare Act 2006.